Daily check in March 24, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily check in March 24, 2019

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I set off the dishwasher this morning. I had forgotten to set it off after supper last night and I didn’t want to listen to it and try and sleep. So I set it off as soon as I got out of the shower.

My daughter came over and we put the cover on my mattress. She helped me make the bed. Then we visited for about an hour.

My sheets are in the dryer I have a dress wash in the washer. Then I do need to wash the mattress pad.

Dinner today will be rib eye steak with broccoli and cauliflower. This steak should give me three meals, just add a vegetable.

Tuesday, AT&T is coming on Tuesday to install their fibre. Wednesday I have a dentist appointment to get my crown put on.

This the last of the dental work I discovered I needed almost a year ago. My next appointment is in June to have my teeth cleaned.

Penny
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

Good morning,

Today is the last sunny day and then the rains will arrive. Forecast to rain all week. Lighter on Tuesday which is good since there are two places I need to be. The rest of the week I can stay home out of the rain.

I have been catching up on my reading. Newsletters, magazines, etc. When all that is caught up I can deep clean my bedroom.

I am still doing the pantry challenge as well. Not doing any type of inventory or sorting until my new refrigerator arrives. I am not grocery shopping before it arrives so I am hoping to have fewer things to move around.

Still working on my blood sugar. Fasting glucose is still high. May need to do no carb eating until it gets back down.

Bev
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Afternoon Everyone,

We had a beautiful week and now it's raining again. I'm not going to complain for I know that at least the coldest weather is behind us. The Bradford Pears are beginning to bloom, the Pink and White Dogwoods are budding and the area is just beautiful when that happens. I think our subdivisions is one of the most beautiful in town this time of year. We have to put up with the leaves in the Fall because we are in such a heavily wooded area, but it's glorious most of the year.

I enjoyed watching basketball games yesterday and was sorry to see Florida get beat. Kentucky didn't play worth a darn, but did win their game. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Auburn doesn't make it to the final four. Not sure about Kentucky anymore since one of the star players hurt his foot and isn't able to play, or least not so far. I think they said he hurt it in the Regionals, I missed it happening.

I slept off and on last night. I kept having crazy dreams and would wake up. I seem to go back to sleep quickly, but it wasn't a restful night.

I may do some cooking today as it's really nice to have meals to pull from the freezer during the week. I don't even try to cook for one anymore, it's just to hard to do, so even if I cook during the week I have leftovers for another meal. I don't like eating the same thing several days in a row, but have no problem with freezing my leftovers to eat the following week.

I'm excited to be finally getting my washer/dryer delivered tomorrow. I literally will not know what to do with myself having my laundry room in such a convenient location. Handyman didn't show yesterday, but he did call and say that it would be easier for him to install the cabinets over the washer/dryer after they were in so he could adjust the height so I could reach easily, that is all he lacks anyway. I want them to be easily accessible for me to reach into the first two shelves without climbing on a step-stool. I'm 5'4" and if the people who buy my house someday don't like them at the level they will be, then they can change them. It's all about making it easy on myself at this point. Most people when they buy a house they remodel and change a lot of stuff anyway. A short woman may buy this house when I'm dead and gone and will love where they are. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, that is about all that is going on in my little world today so I need to see what I can accomplish. When it's raining like this, it makes me want to take a nap, but then I wouldn't sleep worth anything tonight, so will pass. Everyone have a wonderful day.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

It got warm here today - not liking it at all.

Thank goodness it is still cool in the house.

I finished my volunteer duty today at the church, but it was touch and go. I almost left! I had to go through my text messages to prove a point - the time we had decided to start our task. I thought i was going nuts or being gas lighted. But i should have figured not since the lead volunteer makes so many mistakes. I told her to slow down and stop talking. Just concentrate. We only had one small mistake but it was quickly found since she used the same number twice instead of two different numbers. Good thing i started keeping my own numbers and calculations on the side. Sheesh.

While i was gone the COD had his cousin come over to check out our bathroom situation. It needs a new shower/tub. I told him i didn't care for anything fancy, just functional. Gee - starting to sound like my mom. Just make it work!

Maybe we can have the second bath finished. All the plumbing is in place -

Pray for us that we accomplish this task

Thanks!
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello all.

I have not felt well this weekend, stomach issues. Started feeling poorly Friday night and only now feeling better. Usually it is dairy that gives me problems but since I switched to soy milk I’ve been OK. I’ve been eating a lot of salads with cheese so maybe that is the culprit.

As LittleMiss mentioned, my Gators lost their NCAA game. They held their own in the first half and then collapsed. Still, they did well to get this far. I did not watch the Kentucky game but followed it online. I was surprised it was that close. Also saw that LWolfT’s Purdue team crushed Villanova so congrats to them. I’ll look at the sweet 16 bracket and see who survived. (Florida’s arch rival Florida State made it through but I’m not cheering for them!)

My friend texted me a few days ago and said she had extra tickets to the final Spring training game on Tuesday for our local baseball team, the Tampa Bay Rays. She and her DH are season ticket holders (split with another two couples) and go to a lot of Spring training games. So I’ll go with them and also our Dutch friend. It should be a lot of fun. When I worked, my company used to get tickets and I went several times a year but I haven’t been in a long time. I’ll probably buy an overpriced, unhealthy hot dog.

I’ve done nothing this weekend except laundry and plan a quiet evening. I have an early doctor appointment tomorrow.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:14 pm It got warm here today - not liking it at all.

Thank goodness it is still cool in the house.

I finished my volunteer duty today at the church, but it was touch and go. I almost left! I had to go through my text messages to prove a point - the time we had decided to start our task. I thought i was going nuts or being gas lighted. But i should have figured not since the lead volunteer makes so many mistakes. I told her to slow down and stop talking. Just concentrate. We only had one small mistake but it was quickly found since she used the same number twice instead of two different numbers. Good thing i started keeping my own numbers and calculations on the side. Sheesh.

While i was gone the COD had his cousin come over to check out our bathroom situation. It needs a new shower/tub. I told him i didn't care for anything fancy, just functional. Gee - starting to sound like my mom. Just make it work!

Maybe we can have the second bath finished. All the plumbing is in place -

Pray for us that we accomplish this task

Thanks!
I understand how you feel about the bathroom update. I get very stressed with household repairs.