Daily Check In March 26, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In March 26, 2019

Post by Jackielou »

Starting us off. Getting coffee.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In March 26, 2019

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

It's a bit cloudy this morning, but the weather is supposed to warm up nicely. The forecasted wet snow has disappeared and now driving to the dentists will be a snap. I am trying to figure out if since I am spending money today (will get all but the co pay back from the insurance company for dental work) if I should perhaps do my shopping today, or wait until Thursday as usual. I am really tempted to get her done today, just need to figure out a list (which will be a small one) for groceries and such.

Gasoline for the vehicles has jumped by about $0.05 a liter over the last week, and starting in April we will be paying even more. It is time to start driving even less if at all possible and combining even more trips. I am thinking of getting a cart to pull groceries home kind of like my Mom did many years ago.

The Carbon Tax that is being placed on things as of April 1st, will change how I do my shopping and cause a bit more belt tightening for awhile until we see how it changes things. We (ordinary people) will see a credit/rebate on our taxes but probably not enough to cover the whole amount, just a goodly portion of it. Not going to complain, because if this can help our plant it is a good thing.

Frugally speaking this day will be like other days. I plan on getting bills paid online, opening the drapes to let in the sunshine and solar heating, walking on the treadmill, and making our meals from scratch. I will also be working on my goals for this month. I have a bit more hand quilting to accomplish (probably not today) and I have started knitting on the cardigan once again. Things are slowly but surely being accomplished around those projects. Sure a few will be carried over yet again, but they are getting done and getting done using my various stashes, not adding to them.

I will also do some decluttering today. Though this decluttering will be more of the get things off the floor and put away type.

Supper tonight will be Mushroom meatballs, served over rice. I plan on making a veggie and adding a kale salad as sides.

Today I am grateful that I can change my shopping around to take advantage of already being out and about.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

AT&T is scheduled to install the fibre this morning. They are scheduled to start between 9 and 11 am. My regular phon will be out part of this time.

I gathered and put out the garbage and trash. I was surprised that it all fit in one bag as I knew I had a lot. I have one wash today, some dresses and a fleece jacket.

I do have to empty the long hanging part of my closet, the Telephone TV control panel is in that closet.

Last night I discovered an error I made knitting the head of Paddington Bear. I ended up ripping out about 8 rows.

I hope I don’t make another error in this section as the yarn is poor quality and I won’t have enough to finish him if I have to rip this section out again.

Once I finish the head, I have ears and arms then I can start on coat or hat.

Penny
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good Tuesday morning all,

I have considered a cart as well, Jackielou. Until my knee started hurting, I would walk to the produce stand or park my car at one business and then walk to the rest. Now, I can't. I will see a doctor about it after I return from my trip. There are collapsible grocery carts that you can pull with you that fit into a car.

I hope your carbon tax does go to help the earth. Down here, taxes never end up going for their intended purpose. Instead they are used to employ more paper pushers or enhance politicians pet projects (which the public would never have approved).

Yesterday, we had an earlier dinner again, 3 pm. This let me work for 4 hours on my outside project and then come inside, clean up and go to bed. This seems to be good for me. I cook while still energetic enough to clean up after and I go to bed on a more empty stomach. I sleep poorly on a full stomach. And I wake up feeling fat.

I did not do as much work yesterday as the day before. But I did tidy up the work and mulched a lot of my backyard hedges. So it was a productive day. I also did the patch test for my hair coloring. I can put it on tomorrow.

Today, I plan to mow an additional section. I didn't get to it before. I have filled up all the trashcans with leaves and have several big piles. Enough for all the cans when I return from my trip. Today, I will also water the front gardens. I skipped yesterday because it was looking like the irrigation area was getting too much. Just looked wet.

I also need to arrange my transportation to the airport. Old dance partner thinks he has a cold, but he lives near that plant in Deer Park, Texas where the petroleum tank fire took place last weekend. So I suggested his sinus drip was from the air pollution.

Today, I am grateful that I have the energy to get things done. Have a good day everyone.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

I slept well - thanks to Bendadryl. Hate to do it, but wasn't looking forward to another sleepless night. I took it early so the grogginess would wear off. Also so i would get up early and maybe start setting a new schedule

Good thing i did - already had a text this morning. I swear people - just because you are up and about doesn't mean everyone is...

It was just a dumb question too - from one of my loony friends. The one i am trying to help to sell her items. She says she needs money but then goes and books a venue to celebrate her birthday. About 1K. Who does that? Who has to arrange their own party? I guess maybe it was a bad childhood that makes her want to do this? See - i think too much and start going off in circles :mrgreen:
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

LIttleMiss - catfish update

Looks like she is planning to leave this Saturday. yeah right

But the catfish's mom is in the hospital about to die - so you never know :shock:

But in the meantime she is already corresponding with another one - a retired army colonel that is working in Afghanistan. Wonder who comes up with these scenarios.

Maybe i need to start a fantasy life like this so i won't worry about the little things... :roll: