Daily Check in April 17, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in April 17, 2019

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning friends,

So my Cert exam is in 3 hours. I got 2 good days of studying in. So I am feeling better, like I have a chance of passing. Going over my notes one last time. Yesterday my team mates guessed at my score. It is out of 1000, a 720 is a pass. They all predicted I'd pass. But some hesitated when I submitted my guess at 689. LOL!

The apartment complex said they do an annual inspection. I schedule it for this afternoon. I swept the kitchen floor, they will have to live with the cluttered bar top and the spare bedroom with things ready to pack. It pays having a neat-freak Mom.

Have a great day,
Maggie
gaylejackson2

Re: Daily Check in April 17, 2019

Post by gaylejackson2 »

mbrudnic wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:35 am Good Morning friends,

So my Cert exam is in 3 hours. I got 2 good days of studying in. So I am feeling better, like I have a chance of passing. Going over my notes one last time. Yesterday my team mates guessed at my score. It is out of 1000, a 720 is a pass. They all predicted I'd pass. But some hesitated when I submitted my guess at 689. LOL!

The apartment complex said they do an annual inspection. I schedule it for this afternoon. I swept the kitchen floor, they will have to live with the cluttered bar top and the spare bedroom with things ready to pack. It pays having a neat-freak Mom.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Good luck on your exam!! I predict that you pass with 850 or better. I will pray for you too
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

mbrudnic wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:35 am Good Morning friends,

Have a great day,
Maggie
Good luck, you have this.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. We had a really nice day yesterday with temp up to ( 86 F) ( 30 C) It was still so nice last night I slept with the window and deck door open. This morning it is (63 F) (17 C). I was going to wash more things to put on the clothesline this morning but it very overcast so will wait. Nothing is that important I was just going to try to take advantage of a nice day. The overcast sky might be due to the front moving in. We are expecting possible severe storms tonight. I have water that I have in canning jars that need to to down in to my storm shelter. I always get a little more inspired when the weather is turning bad..lol.I spent time last night cleaning up my yard from the last storm we had a few days ago.

Not much planned other than puttering in the kitchen.

Maggie break a leg with your test today..

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning!

Good luck, Maggie!

It's supposed to rain tonight, but it sure looks like it wants to start now. Waiting for it to warm up a bit more so I can do a bit more work in the garden. Worked a bit yesterday until my back/hip said to stop.

Otherwise, I have kitchen work to do. Need to cut up a pineapple and blanch some green beans. Also have some oranges, so may make a fruit salad.

Debating about what to do about DH's cellphone/plan. With all the texting that's going on with the baseball league, it's eating through his minutes. It may become more cost-effective to put him on a monthly plan .. much as I hate another bill. He also could use a new phone ... this one's getting old and he's frustrated with it.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

We are getting a lovely steady rain right now. I hope it keeps up all day, that is how dry it is here.

What to do today? Well since the weather is nice and warm, and I love the smell of rain, I may just open a few windows and mount my cross stitch. I use a smelly spray glue that really stinks up the house, so being able to open the windows will be a big plus.

Even though we did a bit of a stock up at Costco (mostly items that we cannot get here) I will need to make my shopping list for the upcoming week. In the case of Wally World for 2 weeks. Since youngest is coming for a few days over Easter it will need to take his appetite into consideration as well, as well as Eiko his cat.

I have ironing from yesterday that I did not get around to and I want to rewash the rags as I forgot to soak them yesterday.

A few smaller type chores will be completed this morning and then I can move on to my handwork things like sewing, perhaps even getting a start on the labels for the prayer shawls (now they want labels with "Covered by God's Love on them). I think I pretty much have everything I need for that little (well not so little) task. Just not sure how many I will need to get made.

The evening will be spent knitting squares for a blanket some day down the road, and contemplating what the election in the province next to me means.... I feel that they made a big mistake, kind of like the other province on the other side. But I guess people have to learn on their own that politicians will promise the earth and beyond but once in start behaving like idiots... As my Mom always said, "Better the devil you know, than the devil you don't".

Supper this evening is going to be tuna melts and a veggie/beef soup. Got to get rid of some of those bits and bobs in the crisper.

Today I am grateful for this lovely steady rainfall.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/