Daily Check in April 18, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check in April 18, 2019

Post by clemencia2us »

Nice cool morning

We were under severe thunderstorm warning last night. It finally hit around 2 and i sort of slept through it. Wasn't too bad. No hail at least

I slept well. Did have weird dreams - :lol:

Today is my day off but i already have to run an errand for a family member. Will do that this afternoon. Do need to go get soft dog food for my oldest pup. He gets moist food.

After yesterday's very early morning texts, i decided to change my text alert to something softer. I almost didn't hear this mornings not so early text alert. At least they waited until 8! Don't people know us old retired people like to get up at a slow pace? :mrgreen:
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning all,

I am back after a whirlwind vacation trip. I didn't realize how much I needed it. I have been an intense caregiver for my husband and I needed a break. I feel 300% better. I flew into Houston and then danced ballroom with my old dance partner on both Friday and Saturday nights and then hopped on a cruise ship with him and we danced every night on it. Because he is a frequent cruiser, he is in an elite group and so we got access to the ship's orchestra and wooden dance floor almost every night. In addition, they played pre-recorded ballroom for almost 2 hours in a lounge. Then we went to the trio playing latin music and danced until almost midnight. Glorious. Just Glorious. I got to meet with old friends and twice with my son who lives in Houston. And of course, there was unlimited food in the buffet. I tried to eat it all, but I failed. I filled my plate up several times and then went back before they closed up to prepare for the next meal and had 2 more plates. The food was grand and the water was good.

Yesterday was catch up on the neighborhood. My neighbor with back problems has been sick. And it looks like she will need more surgery. Her husband is depressed and it took a beer or two to get him to loosen up and start complaining about gun control(his subject). They also told me the Louisiana neighbor's dead beat son in law has moved back in and left tire ruts on their grass. And the young guy at the end of the road who is the live in with the neighbor's daughter in a back of the lot house is a drug dealer. But at least sells away from the neighborhood. Then I caught up with my nervous neighbor as her son in law was replacing her brake pads. We chatted about the going ons. I told her I would give her a ride to the doctor's this morning if she didn't have her car fixed for some reason. She could count on me.

While I was away, my hubs drove the car to the grocery store. From almost blind invalid to driving the car, to taking out the trash cans and cooking his own food and cleaning up the kitchen, I needed to be out of his way. Life is good. However, he didn't quite water my plants enough. I may have lost my coco plum. However, most of my plants made it with only a little damage. Well, I won't be traveling again for 6 months. So I need to get them in the ground and ready.

The weather is perfect Florida weather and life is good. Have a great day everyone.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have emptied the dishwasher now to refill it and wash the hand dishes.

AT&T is supposed to come sometime today, I have no idea as to time yet. After the fibre is in the wall they will set up a time for the actual install.

I am not planning on going anywhere.

Penny
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello friends,

My subbing job for today was cancelled. Had I been awake at 5am, I could have picked up another Subbing job at the High School, alas I was sleeping. :D I'm happily going to enjoy not working today, so I can garner energy to Sub 8th grade Math tomorrow.

Yesterday I got the girls' dresses cut out, they surprisingly took very little fabric, and I'm already planning to make other similar-styled dresses for the girls this summer if these turn out as cute as I think they will be.

I did not get shorts patterns cut out, nor GF bread made yesterday, so I hope to do both of those today. Need to wash & putaway dh's clothing.

I will need to wash another load of dishes for ds14 today, his back is better but not normal yet.

Yesterday, I'd remembered seeing a piece of black/white houndstooth knit in a box, so checked it out... then discovered LOTS of other pieces of polyester (I think) & cotton knits. I pulled them out to wash, then found numerous pieces of my Mom's clothing. I put Mom's clothing in a donation bag, and commenced washing the knit fabric -- when I folded them after washing, the stack was 18 inches tall. :o Lots of those will become shorts for girls, though that original piece I was looking at might become sleep pants for me or ds11.

I didn't get the 2nd foam pad put on my bed yet, but am going to do that today. I did sleep better last night, but my hips still ache as this mattress doesn't feel coushiony enough. I'd just fold this 2nd foam pad in half & put on my side only, but I know Dh would have a fit about that.

My neighbor (a former ER nurse) looked at Dd6's head last night & recommended that after we get her stitches pulled tomorrow, that we put steri-strips on her forehead just to keep her cut from reopening. One big thing is to keep dd6 from scratching at it & ripping it open that way.. she does have a habit of picking at things, like her OCD grandma.

I've been reading on Pinterest, drooling over yummy wool roving (yes I already have plenty to spin, but I love, LOVE these new colors too), and pretty sock yarn. So have just noticed it is Almost 10am... eek! Time to get moving!!

Not sure on dinner tonight, maybe we can munch on leftovers, though Dh really hates that! I think he thinks I can eat All of the leftovers, then make something new each night for him. Hmmph!! :roll:
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Got a text from youngest and he isn't feeling too well so will be coming home tomorrow.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Dgflorida wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:48 am Good morning all,

I am back after a whirlwind vacation trip. I didn't realize how much I needed it. I have been an intense caregiver for my husband and I needed a break. I feel 300% better. I flew into Houston and then danced ballroom with my old dance partner on both Friday and Saturday nights and then hopped on a cruise ship with him and we danced every night on it. Because he is a frequent cruiser, he is in an elite group and so we got access to the ship's orchestra and wooden dance floor almost every night. In addition, they played pre-recorded ballroom for almost 2 hours in a lounge. Then we went to the trio playing latin music and danced until almost midnight. Glorious. Just Glorious. I got to meet with old friends and twice with my son who lives in Houston. And of course, there was unlimited food in the buffet. I tried to eat it all, but I failed. I filled my plate up several times and then went back before they closed up to prepare for the next meal and had 2 more plates. The food was grand and the water was good.

Yesterday was catch up on the neighborhood. My neighbor with back problems has been sick. And it looks like she will need more surgery. Her husband is depressed and it took a beer or two to get him to loosen up and start complaining about gun control(his subject). They also told me the Louisiana neighbor's dead beat son in law has moved back in and left tire ruts on their grass. And the young guy at the end of the road who is the live in with the neighbor's daughter in a back of the lot house is a drug dealer. But at least sells away from the neighborhood. Then I caught up with my nervous neighbor as her son in law was replacing her brake pads. We chatted about the going ons. I told her I would give her a ride to the doctor's this morning if she didn't have her car fixed for some reason. She could count on me.

While I was away, my hubs drove the car to the grocery store. From almost blind invalid to driving the car, to taking out the trash cans and cooking his own food and cleaning up the kitchen, I needed to be out of his way. Life is good. However, he didn't quite water my plants enough. I may have lost my coco plum. However, most of my plants made it with only a little damage. Well, I won't be traveling again for 6 months. So I need to get them in the ground and ready.

The weather is perfect Florida weather and life is good. Have a great day everyone.
WOW !!!! wonderful for you and for your DH.

All of the hard work that you have put in worked for him.

I'm wrapping my DH up and sending him to you, your address please. :roll: (really PLEASE)

IC