Walk in tubs ???

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal1

Walk in tubs ???

Post by icfrugal1 »

does anyone here have a walk in tub?

or know anyone with one?

We are just beginning to think about one.

Pros cons?????? cost

DH has been using the bathtub/shower for his showers, but even though we have safety bars there is a big "step" into he tub, i wonder how much longer he will be a le to do it.

We do have a shower, but he doesn't want to use it, it's in the master room, and the bathroom there is small. (house was built in 1980)

Thoughts?

IC
gaylejackson2

Re: Walk in tubs ???

Post by gaylejackson2 »

My friend has a walk in tub that she loves!! BUT, it does leak around the "door" seal, so she doesn't love that.
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Leaks scare me, (well a lot of things scare me :lol: )

The company won't fix it????

We would not be installing it ourselfs, our plan would be to go with a company that does it all.

Thank you

IC
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

IC Frugal,

I had done some research on them before DH passed away and backed out because I thought they were to expensive. Like Gayle says the people that I know that have them say they have a tendency to leak. I found it was much cheaper to remodel and have a new shower put in that didn't require a step in at all. We then were able to put in a chair that you could sit down in. Many people have them redone so they are large enough to roll a wheelchair in, one of my friends has that.

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeown ... -cost.html
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

littlemiss63 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 4:44 pm IC Frugal,

I had done some research on them before DH passed away and backed out because I thought they were to expensive. Like Gayle says the people that I know that have them say they have a tendency to leak. I found it was much cheaper to remodel and have a new shower put in that didn't require a step in at all. We then were able to put in a chair that you could sit down in. Many people have them redone so they are large enough to roll a wheelchair in, one of my friends has that.

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeown ... -cost.html
Thank you, I want a bathtub, and DH won't use the shower in the master bath, (he takes showers ) I've suggested removing the door between the master bedroom door and the master bedroom "bathroom" and removing the shower door and putting a shower curtain in, DH says NO !!! so there ! :roll:

Well, I hope that this is way in the , but like we had to get the ramp and the stairlift, they happened fast. I need to make sure that I have the money to do it.

I could charge it, but I like to pay my cards every month.

IC
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

I have wanted one for ever and ever. When we built this house 15 years ago, I considered it but the cost was too high (and the costs are rising by the minute).

I did do some calling to see how much they would cost now and instead of the $6,000 from several years ago, the cost would be $9,000. I cannot, in good conscience, to that. Hubby said if you really want it go ahead but I'm holding back.

We live in a senior community and several people have them. No one has mentioned the leaking problem.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
1 Thes. 4:16-17