Aldi - Non Grocery Items

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
randamax

Aldi - Non Grocery Items

Post by randamax »

I notice that Aldi ads have LOTS of things that are not grocery related at all. To be honest, I've never really looked at them all that closely - I've just noticed they are in the ad. Well the last couple of weeks, I've looked at little more closely at some of the items and they seem to be really good deals on a wide variety of things! This week I see that they have camping gear in the ad. I was thinking of buying a couple of things and saving them as Christmas gifts for my nephews.

My question, though, is the quality of the goods. Has anyone purchased their non-grocery before? If so, what do you think of the quality of the items?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
2dogs+someCats

Re: Aldi - Non Grocery Items

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

I can't speak to many of the items Randa, but about 10 years ago I bought a good, heavy cast iron griddle at Aldi - the long, "double burner" kind that goes on a a gas stove. Oh I LOVED that griddle, it was top quality and cooked the best pancakes, eggs, etc.

I no longer cook with gas so I gave it to my sister and now she likes it a lot. I miss that thing!
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Randa,

I buy non grocery stuff at Aldi's all the time....IF it is something I need.
2weeks ago I bought a pair of sneakers for 14.98 and I love them, I have small feet and they are narrow. It is hard to buy sneakers without resorting to childrens and they had a size 5, with lots of padding... fit great and since I always wear socks that helps....
I bought my dad a non stick granite fry pan and he is always saying everyone should have one LOL.
I 've bought gardening stuff, holiday stuff, lots of things,
JCKitty
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

I've bought a lot of non-food Aldi items, and I've been really happy with everything.

The only thing I had trouble with was a long pole shower caddy....I couldn't get the pieces to twist together right, so I returned it. Small appliances and cookware have been great.

If you need laundry baskets, keep an eye out because they have these HUGE white laundry baskets that I just love. They're super sturdy. I use them for some storage, and for storing bedding more than I do for actual laundry. They're too big for me to carry lol

Their items tend to repeat every 6-12 months.

Check out their ads online. You can see this week's items, as well as the next week's. They post the next week's ad every Wednesday, so you can plan ahead.

Go to https://www.aldi.us/ and cick on "weekly specials" on the right
ohjodi
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I bought my brother flannel sheets from Aldi and he loves them. Also bought a salad spinner there that is really nice and sturdy.
Mackie
randamax

Post by randamax »

2dogs+someCats wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:32 pm I can't speak to many of the items Randa, but about 10 years ago I bought a good, heavy cast iron griddle at Aldi - the long, "double burner" kind that goes on a a gas stove. Oh I LOVED that griddle, it was top quality and cooked the best pancakes, eggs, etc.

I no longer cook with gas so I gave it to my sister and now she likes it a lot. I miss that thing!
Thanks for the info. I know what you mean about the gas vs electric issue. I had a gas stove for many years and just loved it! When we moved here 7 years ago, it's electric. It's okay now, but it took me a while to get used to it! If I had my druthers, I'd still have a gas stove.