Daily Check In May 19, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In May 19, 2019

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning. It is coffee getting time.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In May 19, 2019

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites

Just at the freezing point here this morning. Hubby covered everything he planted in the veggie garden. Me, well I am just glad that I have not planted my flowers as of yet.

The wind has all but disappeared today, which means I will get the house to myself for a bit today. The men should be fishing today at least for a couple of hours. Perhaps enough time to get another quilt or two sandwiched and ready for quilting at some point. I covered a few more of the binders of patterns with the pretty paper I found and plan on getting the rest hopefully completed today.

Frugally speaking this should be a no spend day, and because of DS's cat Eiko visiting, I will be walking outside this morning (winter coat still not packed away which is a good thing considering the temperature). Meals will be made from scratch, a loaf of bread baked for DS to take home tomorrow (he will have a very small care package this time) and I may even whip him up a new scrubby or two (put aside the knitted squares for a bit). I also have my list of chores and fun projects to make up today, and some small extra cleaning chore (perhaps not so small, I seem to have saved most of the larger ones on the list). As you can see enough to keep me busy for a little while.

I have been puzzling something in my mind for about a week. Why do people use photoshop on their pictures to make them look like something they are not? One SIL decided to photoshop her picture... She now scares the crap out of me, looks more like an creature from outer space now than a human being. She shaved off part of her face to make it more oval, removed all (or almost all) her wrinkles, and made her eyes much bluer than they are normally. After doing all that, she forgot to remove the wrinkles from her neck. Now I can't say for sure that it was photoshopped, but if it wasn't she had a really bad botox treatment. Hubby took one look and said " I always thought a person was to grow old gracefully."

Supper tonight will be pork roast, roasted potatoes and carrots along with a salad.

Today I am grateful that DS came home for a visit, even just a short one as he will need to head home tomorrow.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. I was awake until around 4:30 AM. I had taken some medication yesterday that made me very sleepy and I slept for a couple of hours which must have taken the edge off of my sleeping needs. I did go back to bed around 4:30 AM and slept until a little after 8:00 AM.

We have gray overcast sky's with a storm predicted for this afternoon. We were suppose to have a storm late last night and it never materialized. There was so much hype about it for days and even last night NOOA radio was stating it was heading our way and it just fizzled out. Which I am glad that it did. However people west and south of us had horrendous weather with storms and tornadoes. Not much planned today other than cooking. I spent yesterday off and on getting caught up on laundry in case the power was knocked out so that is good.

Have a good and frugal Sunday.
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Very overcast today. It was a weird yellowish color earlier

Did not sleep well at all. Bubba kept whining so i would have to get up and take him outside. I am like a zombie.

I have to do my church volunteer thing in an hour or so

Then later another little event that i said i would help with.

Hope i get through them without falling asleep.

Have a great day.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

My laundry is caught up. I will have a have a towel wash to do. When that one filled my bin just this morning. I still need to figure out cycles to get the faster spin cycle. I found that each load I did yesterday took twice as long to dry as my old washer did. That is because it doesn’t spin as much water out.

I have a chart that I will need to copy and tape together. So it is all on one side of the page. I am learning the tricks of this machine.

This morningMy daughter came over I asked her to take me to H-E-B, I wanted to walk, and since they had fresh corn on the cob, on special. I didn’t buy much. H-E-B had a coupon for either a free package of paper plates or dishwashing liquid. I don’t use that brand dishwashing liquid but my daughter does. So I got it and she got an extra bottle of free dishwashing liquid free.

Dinner will be left over steak that I had frozen from Outback Steakhouse and the ear of corn I bought this morning.

I need to sort through the items I normally keep on the dryer. To see the best way to store them now that I will no longer have the storage space of the milk crates.

Penny
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good afternoon all.

I also didn’t sleep well. Woke up at 4:30 and could not go back to sleep.(Thought I heard a noise on my patio.) So I plan to take a nap later.

Right now I have laundry in the dryer and I’m running the dishwasher. Also doing one of my hated jobs, cleaning mirrors. Most are high and hard to reach the top for me without the step stool so I don’t do them as often as I should and the dust builds up.

After my nap I’ll read or watch the dvd I got from the library.

Have a good day and stay safe.