favorite "no spend" trick.

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal1

Re: favorite "no spend" trick.

Post by icfrugal1 »

Mackie

So he's paying $10 a day to park, plus around $30 for a fast food supper. From the looks of the inside of the van, he does that and lunch out a lot, as it is littered with fast food wrappers and bags. I stood there and imagined how nice of a car he could afford if he cleaned up his act and stopped buying take out. He could at least afford to park in the nice shady garage around the corner. """"

LOL (sort of ) When I was in my 50's I worked temp. I was working with this very nice, very smart young woman, in her 20's I believe.

She bought a $8 salad everyday. one day she was talking about buying a new to her car, but said that she needed $160.00 a month for it. Her plan was to get a 2nd job to pay for it.

HHMMM $8 X 5 days X 4 weeks = $160 a month.

I didn't say anything because I didn't know her well enough and I was just there for a week or so.

And YES, I did bring my lunch every day.

IC
frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

ohjodi wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:44 pm The best way for me to not spend is to just stay home......

......but I'm often the taxi for my two nephews. My trick for not stopping anywhere to spend money while I'm driving them around is to.......not wear a bra, LOL

I wouldn't dare be seen in public not wearing one, so instead I am confined to the car.

Takes willpower to avoid drive-thru food, though.
Yes, staying home is number one! I chauffeur the kids too esp carpool after school so do NOT bring a wallet so you can say I don't have any money! Like Preston would say he is hungry or something-and of course, we carpool so then I would have to buy the other kid something bc it would be rude if I didn't and he is like a son to me. I do occasionally treat them like for ice cream or Boba drinks during hot days. Also I wear like my pajama pants or something so I cannot get out of the car-lol-on purpose and tell my kid well, I can't get out of the car bc I am in my pj bottoms! I don't do the bra thing bc I do look flat chested while driving the car ONLY because my boobs have gone down south to my lap as I am driving-lol! That is a graphic image-sorry-but sooo true-remember I breastfed for years all of these kids! They are no longer perky-lol!

Oh and bring snacks on any road trip driving anywhere-saved me many a times bc dh has to eat like every two hours or he becomes a drama queen and like he is in a desert and hasn't eaten for days! And in reality no more than two hours-Idk how that man stays the same body weight for 30 plus years and in good shape-it is just not fair! I have gained 10 pounds at least since he has retired bc all he does is eat every two hours and I am right there with him although I try not to eat snacks and doing IF(fasting) but it is so hard with him munching on something right in front of you! Sheesh!
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

frugalmom wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:48 pm Yes, staying home is number one! I chauffeur the kids too esp carpool after school so do NOT bring a wallet so you can say I don't have any money! Like Preston would say he is hungry or something-and of course, we carpool so then I would have to buy the other kid something bc it would be rude if I didn't and he is like a son to me. I do occasionally treat them like for ice cream or Boba drinks during hot days. Also I wear like my pajama pants or something so I cannot get out of the car-lol-on purpose and tell my kid well, I can't get out of the car bc I am in my pj bottoms! I don't do the bra thing bc I do look flat chested while driving the car ONLY because my boobs have gone down south to my lap as I am driving-lol! That is a graphic image-sorry-but sooo true-remember I breastfed for years all of these kids! They are no longer perky-lol!

Oh and bring snacks on any road trip driving anywhere-saved me many a times bc dh has to eat like every two hours or he becomes a drama queen and like he is in a desert and hasn't eaten for days! And in reality no more than two hours-Idk how that man stays the same body weight for 30 plus years and in good shape-it is just not fair! I have gained 10 pounds at least since he has retired bc all he does is eat every two hours and I am right there with him although I try not to eat snacks and doing IF(fasting) but it is so hard with him munching on something right in front of you! Sheesh!
Ellen Marie some people are just blessed with high metabolisms..I worked with a woman who was very slender and she would eat two entrees at lunch and be hungry 2 hours later.. I was having tests done so only had a bowl of broth and a bowl of jello and a lot of enemas.. and gained a pound and a half.. That was for two days that is all I had to eat! I told the Dr I did not cheat and he said he knew that because it would have shown up on my
x-rays. My sister was the same way as your DH. Does not seem fair.
Janet Alliesmama
frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

alliesmama4 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:08 am Ellen Marie some people are just blessed with high metabolisms..I worked with a woman who was very slender and she would eat two entrees at lunch and be hungry 2 hours later.. I was having tests done so only had a bowl of broth and a bowl of jello and a lot of enemas.. and gained a pound and a half.. That was for two days that is all I had to eat! I told the Dr I did not cheat and he said he knew that because it would have shown up on my
x-rays. My sister was the same way as your DH. Does not seem fair.
Lol-sounds like me-broth, jello and enemas :lol: and our luck we gain-sheesh!