Daily check in June 9, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily check in June 9, 2019

Post by clemencia2us »

Visited with oldest sibling yesterday. His other daughter was there too.

We drove up and were walking towards the building and saw him outside! Boy has he improved. From practically being in a coma to being able to walk around with a walker, and go to the facilities by himself.

We got him some fruit that he was craving and bought him new clothes. We are throwing out all the other stuff he has at home. He was a packrat.

Weirdly the man did not have to live like that. He could have afforded to have a brand new home etc, but for some reason wanted to just hang out and sort of trash our parents house. The pictures i could show you. That is why we are throwing everything out. He could have been on hoarders. Sort of like the COD. Is it the PTSD???

Well some other family is in town, so have to get showered and ready just in case.

Really glad i had the shower replaced last month. It gets used a lot now due to the heat.

Have a great day.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Well, I had a post and I messed up and sent it away ...

Ah, well. Raining. With more to come. Good day to stay in and make that mulberry jam.

Awakened much too early when DH was called into work. Guessing someone didn't show up/couldn't come in. At least I got to go back to bed ...

Did get a lot accomplished yesterday ... lot of errands finished up while we went to look at grills. (I've been lobbying for a new grill for quite a while. Wanted a small, non-tabletop grill that could be folded for travel/storage. Somehow the size and price of this grill has grown :lol: )

Florida, glad you enjoyed the play!

Jackie, I suspect this pastor knows that he can't push you around ... darn shame you don't have another parish nearby.

Clem ... I've always wondered if hoarding was tied to anxiety or OCD ...
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good Sunday morning all,

I slept okay, up and drinking my coffee while watching my favorite Sunday show.

Today I will try to put a clean on the house, hopefully haul recyclables to the depot and clean out my SUV.
I still need to gather mementos for the service and need to sort pictures but that won't take long. Services are Tuesday and we have an appointment with the pastor tomorrow for the service memories and order. It will be fine.

It rained last night and continues today, the yard needs mowed but doesn't look horrible yet. I will take care of it later this week.
Have been spending a lot of time with my DD's and families. We had a cook out last night.

Off to get something done,
Thank you to all for thoughts and prayers, i can feel them and appreciate ALL of you

JCKItty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

LWolfT wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:25 am Well, I had a post and I messed up and sent it away ...

Ah, well. Raining. With more to come. Good day to stay in and make that mulberry jam.

Awakened much too early when DH was called into work. Guessing someone didn't show up/couldn't come in. At least I got to go back to bed ...

Did get a lot accomplished yesterday ... lot of errands finished up while we went to look at grills. (I've been lobbying for a new grill for quite a while. Wanted a small, non-tabletop grill that could be folded for travel/storage. Somehow the size and price of this grill has grown :lol: )

Florida, glad you enjoyed the play!

Jackie, I suspect this pastor knows that he can't push you around ... darn shame you don't have another parish nearby.

Clem ... I've always wondered if hoarding was tied to anxiety or OCD ...
He was obsessively neat in his younger years - so this hoarding thing is weird.
lennon05

Post by lennon05 »

Jckitty, I will be thinking of you tomorrow as you lay your sweet daddy to rest.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I started a load of wash and set off the dishwasher. I didn’t need to go anywhere today. But aa it turned out Elizabeth needed to go to Walmart so I went and used 2 coupons.

The dresses are in the dryer, the towels are in the washer. I only have the two loads today.

I gave her Amber’s birthday present to mail and Michael’s birthday present as well as the usual coupons.

I need to start on knitting the Yoshi. I have about 2 months to knit it in. It is knit flat and I hate knitting things flat. But since I love them I will knit it.

Penny