Daily Check In June 12, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
rinty

Re: Daily Check In June 12, 2019

Post by rinty »

Good luck Penny.

FCL, have you checked out Sajid Javid yet ? Just seen his news conference, oh please let him win. Also watched Boris bumbling away. I am ANYONE BUT BORIS, the man is a cretin and its all about him.

Glad the first 3 days of the week done. Good grief lots of hassle. Also got back some paperwork I sent in. NO covering letter, nuthin'. It cost me £6 to send it to them ! So, did they not want it, was it exactly what they needed, is all iin readiness ????

I just have to guess apparently :shock: Twerps.

It is FREEZING cold. DH spent the day scrubbing the BBq..............maybe a bit optimistic there DH ! The kids have invited us over for Fathers day........they ALSO suggested a BBQ. I shall wear gloves and a scarf at this rate ;)

Had an early dinner as I got away early, need to do a quick 30 degree wash, then package up DSF Fathers Day gift, just some luxury choccies, but I always send him something. Need to text DD but I am overtired so will have a warm drink and be in bed before 9pm. If its wasn't June I would turn the heating on, it is uncomfortably cold.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Starting to warm up again - but that is normal

Went out for breakfast this morning. When i checked my mail, i received a birthday card from a sibling with some cash in it! Score - breakfast and several meals out that i had planned on the rest of the week are taken care of!!

Another friend has a birthday today, so taking her out for a late lunch/early dinner.

Then usual Wednesday evening gathering.

I finally cleared out the freezer of the second fridge. Too many things in there that will never be used - sad. Well, not a lot. Just being dramatic :mrgreen:

Have a great day.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

floridacatlover wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:16 am Good morning all.

I’m thinking of Kitty today.

Jackie, are you getting a Smart TV? I’ve heard they are easier to set up to stream content as least for things that don’t involve your box.

Penny, is your surgery in an outpatient surgery center or the doctor’s office? Good luck with it.

Clem, I hope that your brother is still doing much better.

Well I have to make a surprise visit to the tire center (which is my regular mechanic). Got a call from him that they have two extra tires in inventory my size and they want to check if they put the wrong size on my car! Glad they noticed. I’ll check the tires to see if I can tell in a couple minutes when my hair is dry. But they want me to stop by. (Actually they said they’d come to my house but I figured this was just as easy.) I googled it and it looks like it isn’t something that would damage my car especially since it has only been since Fridsy. But I hope I don’t have to leave the car again for half a day!

Yesterday I cut mom’s back yard late in the day. Glad to have that done! I started at 4:30 and the sun was still strong so later would have been better. Our rain has not amounted to much. There was 1” in the rain gauge on Monday and nothing yesterday. Today has a big chance of rain but so far it is sunny. My dad always said we were in a dry spot.

Cutting the grass, I saw a big plastic tarp that had fallen over the fence of one of the back neighbors into the back corner of mom’s yard. Not the messy neighbor or the good neighbor but a third neighbor who I’ve only spoken to once after hurricane Irma. The tarp wasn’t heavy thankfully. It was partly wet. I can’t figure out how they were using it and how it got over the fence. But I folded it up, stopped by their house and knocked and rang the doorbell. No answer but a dog barked so I knew someone would be at the house later. I left the folded tarp on their front porch.

Have a good day.
Not too sure if it a Smart TV, however any TV can be smarter than me. We just unplugged the old TV from the satellite box. My goodness are there a great many wires. Hubby labelled them all so hopefully things go back together very well. Will let everyone know once we get the new one if the set up went as planned.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

We had my daddy's service and burial yesterday. All is well. Lovely dinner afterwards at his favorite diner. Well attended as he was so loved.

I was up early, mowed and have been doing tree trimming and yard work. I NEED to do this. I need hard work and activity.
I have plans for taco salad for supper, trying to get into a routine as I need to find my new normal. It will happen.

I want to thank everyone once again for everything. I am thinking of Owned and her family, prayers going out.

My plans for a garden are out the window, the timing and weather have worked against it so I am letting it go.
Need to do some more weed spraying, will be using chemicals on the poison ivy, I feel like I have no choice as I am highly allergic. Vinegar and salt used on everything else.

Off to get started again,
JCKitty
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

rinty wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:28 pm Good luck Penny.

FCL, have you checked out Sajid Javid yet ? Just seen his news conference, oh please let him win. Also watched Boris bumbling away. I am ANYONE BUT BORIS, the man is a cretin and its all about him.

Glad the first 3 days of the week done. Good grief lots of hassle. Also got back some paperwork I sent in. NO covering letter, nuthin'. It cost me £6 to send it to them ! So, did they not want it, was it exactly what they needed, is all iin readiness ????

I just have to guess apparently :shock: Twerps.

It is FREEZING cold. DH spent the day scrubbing the BBq..............maybe a bit optimistic there DH ! The kids have invited us over for Fathers day........they ALSO suggested a BBQ. I shall wear gloves and a scarf at this rate ;)

Had an early dinner as I got away early, need to do a quick 30 degree wash, then package up DSF Fathers Day gift, just some luxury choccies, but I always send him something. Need to text DD but I am overtired so will have a warm drink and be in bed before 9pm. If its wasn't June I would turn the heating on, it is uncomfortably cold.
Hi Rinty,
I just watched Sajid Javid’s campaign ad which focuses on his upbringing. Very impressive hard-working family who came from nothing. Not like typical elite conservatives. Then I saw a clip of him saying that Boris Johnson is yesterday’s news. He sounds good.

Boris Johnson acts like a cartoon character. The other one I don’t like is Michael Gove, not for the cocaine but he seems completely two-faced and untrustworthy.

Just read a story of how the leadership contest will work. Wow, the first elimination starts tomorrow. I’ll be watching.

I’ve always loved politics but the U.S. politics makes me feel rage so I’m focusing on the UK. 🙂

Sorry to read that M&S is closing more stores. I like them.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Picked up the new TV and hooked it up. Took awhile to get it working properly as the directions they sent with the TV were the pits. Thank heavens for the internet or we would still be trying to figure things out.

It is up and working now. I have realized that I probably do not need extra speakers with this set as the sound coming from the TV itself is awesome.

Now I just need Kris to hook up my box, and I want to check out the 30 days free Amazon Prime as well as put Netflix on as well.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/