Daily Check In June 23, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check In June 23, 2019

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning all.

I slept more normal hours yesterday but still may nap this afternoon.

Following Kitty’s lead yesterday, I cut the grass at mom’s house. The heat was brutal but will be worse today and tomorrow. When I finished and went back in the yard to get my water glass, it was knocked over and birds were flying all around. The poor things, desperate for water. I got a bowl that mom used for Pippi, filled it with water and left it on a table in the shade. I know the “authorities” tell people not to leave water because of mosquitos but I don’t care.

No iPad cover at Target but I did buy some makeup (with giftcard). I’ve never worn much makeup but want to try a concealer and eyebrow gel/powder.

I rented Hotel Mumbai (.54) and “enjoyed” it. I’m not sure enjoy should be the word since there was so much gunfire. I remember when it happened but didn’t recall the details. This was India’s 9/11 - 175-250 killed depending on the source. This was a dramatization and very heart pounding.

Today I’ll return the DVD and maybe go to mom’s house late in the day to water. It is so hot. Thankfully most everything is in the ground and is well established.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good Sunday morning all,

Bright and sunny this AM...still unable to sleep in even a little bit but I think this too shall pass.

I am taking care of dads little dog several times a day, it's good to go and spend time with him.
Eating out of the fridge and freezer when I eat anything. Have had to feed some things to the hens but I don't care anymore, I will get back into the no waste soon enough. I have eggs to take to the homeless shelter this week and will ask them about some other things from dads that I can't use.

Have another meeting with executor and brother this week to go thru personal papers and financial papers that are my parents. I dread it because there are things in there that tell about and prove how many times they bailed the brother out financially and he makes up stories to discount and or justify his bad judgements and actions. I will just sit there and remain quiet, I was there so I know the truth and he has to live with the truth and the fact that I DO know.

DD is sick, upset stomach so I am avoiding her end of the house LOL, she thinks it is from eating fast food. Another reason to eat at home.
Have a good day all,
((((Rinty))))

JCKitty
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Not much going on today except laundry so I don't have more than my sheets tomorrow.

I did dresses yesterday.

My daughter came over for a visit this morning. I will see her again on Tuesday when she meets me at the surgical center. I am taking Comfort Care, a service of my Doctors medical group to the surgical center.

Penny
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning.. Teddi seems better. He did eat two meals yesterday without having to hand feed him. He goes out to potty when he needs to so I am thinking he is doing better. Will call the Vet tomorrow to see if she wants to extend his medicine longer. Today will be the last of his antibiotic.

We have had rain and more rain. Storms off and on all day yesterday and rain right now. The weather man stated the other day that we were going in to our 100th day of flooding. Sad for all of the people who have been flooded out of their homes and farmers who will not be able to plant.

Not much else going on here.. Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
kjm17

Post by kjm17 »

Hi everyone!

I popped over here to Erin's site to grab a yard sale pricing guide, and thought I'd say "hello." I hope everyone is doing really well!
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

kjm17 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:13 pm Hi everyone!

I popped over here to Erin's site to grab a yard sale pricing guide, and thought I'd say "hello." I hope everyone is doing really well!
Hi kjm.. stop by more often..
Janet Alliesmama