Daily check-in July 1st, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

Daily check-in July 1st, 2019

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Getting us started.
gaylejackson2

Re: Daily check-in July 1st, 2019

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Good Morning friends!

Dh insisted that I stay in bed this morning when he got up at 4:30, sad thing is I’ve been awake since 4 AM, and maybe slept only between 1-4 am. Gluten-induced insomnia is no fun.

I’m supposed to take ds14 back to dbro’s house today; he doesn't want us to go very early.

I didn't wash any wool Saturday as I realized ds14 needed to do laundry to have clean clothes for this week.

Dh told me this morning about ward camping trip set for the end of July—right when spinning/knitting group is going back to Yampa Valley Fiberworks. Well, I’ll figure out how to go to both, especially since I’ve plans to take my wool for processing to YVF.

My plans for the day are very minimal as I’ll be driving a lot, maybe 8 hours in roundtrip.

Dinner tonight will be Crockpot chicken; I started some last night but I don't think it's ready yet.

Today I’m thankful for the opportunity to spend a little more time with ds14—he really opened up and talked a lot to me on the way home last week.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Even though I finished the antibiotic yesterday, I woke up at the same time I had the alarm set to take the antibiotic. I took the last one yesterday morning.

Comfort Care is scheduled to pick me up about 2 pm to 2:15 pm.

I hope I will be able to wear my glasses now. Not being able to see clearly has been beyond frustrating.

Not much else is new here.

Penny
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

Trying to plan out my day. I have a few work things to do, but that won't take long. I need to set up my sewing machine to repair DS2's pants. The Art museum is closed on Monday's and the UV index is supposed to be and it is hot. So that eliminates a few items on my summer bucket list. I have plenty to do, but not enthusiastic about a lot of it.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good Monday morning all,

This is the week that we travel. This is also the week where I get to dance one more time. How long will depend on the bad knee. My neighbor with the spinal deterioration issues is pain free thanks to using my portable ultrasound unit. She also reports that the varicose veins in her legs have disappeared. Ultrasound also removes wrinkles some say because it opens the skin capillaries and encourages the growth of healthy new skin tissue. Me, I am sticking with the knee. She ordered a portable unit and it is supposed to arrive today. I wished her good luck.

I again emailed the yard guy about mowing the grass. See if I get a response. If not, I will hunt for a new guy when I get off vacation. My Houston son picked up the chairs and pain medication from old dance partner yesterday. The chairs are for the reunion/party on Saturday, July 6. After dancing on July 5th, I will probably need to sit most of the time. The pain medication is something he tried and it didn't work for him. I have nothing to lose, but post dance pain.

I have most of my plants moved and "planted in pots" into the garden. Being in the dirt will decrease the need for watering, but still let me move them to their eventual spots later. They would be planted for real, but it makes my knee hurt a lot to use the shovel.

I have a couple of 5 lb rolls of ground beef to convert into burger patties and freeze before we leave. The refrigerator will be pretty bare at that point. My neighbor was ok with me adding my small bag of garbage to her can when we leave. That way, I don't have to leave my can out on the street advertising that we are out of town. Stop the mail. Neighbor will pick up the junk mail that gets through. Get cash. And then pack. Doing wash today and tomorrow. Typical travel things.

Today, I am grateful that we are in pretty good health. Have a good day everyone.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Happy Canada Day!

Canadians, you have a wonderful country. In my experience Canadians are less consumer oriented and more open to diversity. I have visited British Columbia, Ontario and Quebec and now will add New Brunswick and PEI.

Enjoy your celebrations.