Daily Check in July 5, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: Daily Check in July 5, 2019

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

3rd attempt to post today, opened chrome to see if that would help.
Slept okay last night, feeling so lethargic lately. This heat and humidity along with personal life are kicking my rear end.

Dd and i clipped and groomed both dogs yesterday, they look so much better and more comfortable. They always get upset with us but eventually make up to us. My Scottie had knots in his" Feathers" and hates for me to try to brush them out so i just clipped them...short feathers for summer anyway. His hair grows so fast.

i have done most housework already this AM...rain expected so no mowing, i had planned on doing it next week anyway but recent rains have really made it grow.

Need to assemble some salads for the weekend. Maybe some chicken salad...and some pea salad. both easy to assemble and grab to eat.
Off to do ?

Have a good day all,
JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Thought i had posted, but guess not

Another warm sunny day. I slept well. I didn't get up too early. I was going to go do laundry this morning, but then got a lunch invite, so will do it after that

Everything is loaded in the car. Several bedspreads to wash!

Hope everyone has a great day!
rinty

Post by rinty »

JCKitty, residual sadness can make you lethargic and you are so allowed that. Theres a empty space where you were looking after Dad so much and cooking up a storm.

Love that you have a scottie dog, I hadn't realised. WE had them when I was a teen, loved it dearly, he was called Whisky and he had the nicest temperament.

Utterly knackered. Fell asleep the minute I walked in the door. DH has just woken me ;)

Had some fun spending my extra hours on new clothes this week, got two pair of shoes ( after years of wearing cheap ballet flats, I decided to be kind to my feet ! ) underwear, Pjs and a nightshirt. I'm even going to get measured before buying my next bras ! Sometimes cheap ain't cheerful !!! The shoes were the biggest cost but they are worth it.................I did get them at sale price but they are GOOD shoes so even then, not cheap.

On the bright side was my new job. STUNNED when I opened the letter. A workmate said, I have never seen you lost for words. Of course as I've said to you lot recently......it is getting HARDER to work around Tom not easier. Maybe this is a sign that I do still have something to give and should push through.

WE have some fun activities all weekend, yay us. But I do intend to sleep late !

The allotment has been producing well. Tonight we are eating our own potatoes and cabbage with some lamb chops........omm nomm nomm.

I do need to tidy up. DH and I have different approaches to housework ;) I also need to iron and I'd rather get 'er doen than have to do it over the weekend. I shall find something rubbishy on Netflix and away I'll go.........have a ncie weekend all.

Must just share..........the children are writing reports themselves. One child reported his best subject was "MAFFS" ( mathematics )..............not English then. Bless his heart.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello friends!

I hope you all had a lovely day yesterday.

One of the best things about yesterday for me, was that it was not too hot. I took girls to the parade, we ate leftover hamburgers & hot-link sausages (leftover from dh’s company bbq on July 3rd— I have loads of gluteny buns & several bottles of condiments too, plus a large amount of sliced cheese), then the 3 littles, ds16 & I went to the city fireworks show (which started late). Still everyone seemed happy with their day (except ds11 when we refused to have the girls share their minimal parade candy with him).

I got to bed very late last night, but slept hard (yay me, I’ve not been needing melatonin at night). I awoke just in time to go mow piano teacher’s lawn while dd8& ds11 were having their lessons. My mower bag no longer fits snug, so I always end up covered in grass.

Today or tomorrow, I need to do more in-depth food shopping, plus buy sprinklers & furnace filters at Lowes, then I may go to Joann's to see if I can find a cowl-neck shirt pattern. I also need to go online to find nylon fiber to add to my washed wool, I need to do it soon before I forget again. I also need to get cash from bank to pay piano teacher, and for church donations tomorrow.

I feel very tired, I really want to sleep more (littles wouldn't let me tho), and I really want to do Nothing, Or very little!

I started a new 3-strand hat yesterday while waiting for parade to start, though I had to frog it twice as I kept doing it wrong. I got it about halfway completed, and may knit on it more today.

I need to make the oat bar recipe (cannot recall who posted it in Recipe folder) to see if it will work for Monday's family reunion, then make a triple or quadruple batch, maybe 2 batches with nuts & choc chips. I should also make Dh some candida-friendly crackers since I finally have all the ingredients now. *sigh* But baking requires standing, and I just don't want to.

Dinner will be from freezer if I stay home, or maybe turkey/chicken breasts/veg if I go shopping.

Oh I was looking at my garden yesterday—I have 5 mini zucchini that will be ready to pick in a week or less!! 😁 Due to dh’s diet, I may not get many to shred for muffins, but am Very Thankful that my garden plants are close to producing food. I need to go pick my little jalapeño peppers too, so my plants will (hopefully) produce more to make salsa with this fall.

I need to sort through girls’ laundry today & tomorrow morning to pack some for our short trip to Family Reunion, and which they have outgrown.

We may go to the antique car show tomorrow afternoon at Flaming Gorge Dam & Resort, it's free and would be fun for dh & kids, plus would help kids feel like they Did Something for the holiday.

My friend has gotten me addicted to jordan almonds, :lol:, and while I know I can buy them at my hometown grocery store, it won't be open Sunday night when I drive through. So now I wonder if there's anywhere in town to buy them.:lol: Maybe CAL Ranch.

This seems like a lot to do, but will spread it out over a couple of days. Then knit, or read, for fun when tiredness hits.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:12 pm Hello friends!

I hope you all had a lovely day yesterday.

One of the best things about yesterday for me, was that it was not too hot. I took girls to the parade, we ate leftover hamburgers & hot-link sausages (leftover from dh’s company bbq on July 3rd— I have loads of gluteny buns & several bottles of condiments too, plus a large amount of sliced cheese), then the 3 littles, ds16 & I went to the city fireworks show (which started late). Still everyone seemed happy with their day (except ds11 when we refused to have the girls share their minimal parade candy with him).

I got to bed very late last night, but slept hard (yay me, I’ve not been needing melatonin at night). I awoke just in time to go mow piano teacher’s lawn while dd8& ds11 were having their lessons. My mower bag no longer fits snug, so I always end up covered in grass.

Today or tomorrow, I need to do more in-depth food shopping, plus buy sprinklers & furnace filters at Lowes, then I may go to Joann's to see if I can find a cowl-neck shirt pattern. I also need to go online to find nylon fiber to add to my washed wool, I need to do it soon before I forget again. I also need to get cash from bank to pay piano teacher, and for church donations tomorrow.

I feel very tired, I really want to sleep more (littles wouldn't let me tho), and I really want to do Nothing, Or very little!

I started a new 3-strand hat yesterday while waiting for parade to start, though I had to frog it twice as I kept doing it wrong. I got it about halfway completed, and may knit on it more today.

I need to make the oat bar recipe (cannot recall who posted it in Recipe folder) to see if it will work for Monday's family reunion, then make a triple or quadruple batch, maybe 2 batches with nuts & choc chips. I should also make Dh some candida-friendly crackers since I finally have all the ingredients now. *sigh* But baking requires standing, and I just don't want to.

Dinner will be from freezer if I stay home, or maybe turkey/chicken breasts/veg if I go shopping.

Oh I was looking at my garden yesterday—I have 5 mini zucchini that will be ready to pick in a week or less!! 😁 Due to dh’s diet, I may not get many to shred for muffins, but am Very Thankful that my garden plants are close to producing food. I need to go pick my little jalapeño peppers too, so my plants will (hopefully) produce more to make salsa with this fall.

I need to sort through girls’ laundry today & tomorrow morning to pack some for our short trip to Family Reunion, and which they have outgrown.

We may go to the antique car show tomorrow afternoon at Flaming Gorge Dam & Resort, it's free and would be fun for dh & kids, plus would help kids feel like they Did Something for the holiday.

My friend has gotten me addicted to jordan almonds, :lol:, and while I know I can buy them at my hometown grocery store, it won't be open Sunday night when I drive through. So now I wonder if there's anywhere in town to buy them.:lol: Maybe CAL Ranch.

This seems like a lot to do, but will spread it out over a couple of days. Then knit, or read, for fun when tiredness hits.
Gayle I need a nap after reading what all you have done and plan on doing.. Again do not know how you do it all but kudos to you for all that you do.
Janet Alliesmama
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Hooray, Rinty, for the new job and new clothes and shoes! You deserve both and much more.

I slept in this morning, as fireworks kept going off until close to 2 a.m..Ran some errands and did a black belt frugal grocery shopping trip using a bunch of store coupons at Food Lion and a trip to Save-a-Lot. A week of provisions for the three of us was $55, and included a pack of paper towels. Also snagged a free can of cat food. If Ollie Cat doesn't like it, the dogs will.

For tomorrow's family get together, I made a deep dish apple crisp that required peeling and chopping 3 pounds of apples. We had everything on hand to make it and last week I bought an Edwards key lime pie on sale to round out the desserts.

I need to get my driver's license renewed soon, but the service center was not open today. Probably just as well as we are having a very tight money week. For some reason, my license renews for 8 years, which means a fee of $40. DH and DS renew for a shorter length of time and don't have to pay as much.
Mackie