Daily Check in July 20, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
2dogs+someCats

Re: Daily Check in July 20, 2019

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

Good Day Friends,

Has been another busy one! Didn't get to sleep till after 1:30 a.m. Got home from work about 11:45 and watched a movie - it's all good - I can, lol. Up at 6:30 (a nap may be on my agenda today) and over to boss's house to take dogs out. Headed back there when I'm done here at the library.

Got a lot of laundry and house cleaning done early before it got brutally hot. Took the garbage out even tho it doesn't get picked up till Monday.

There will be no walk for the dogs again today. I have a couple movies to watch for the remainder of the weekend - and books to read. Meals are light and no-cook - yogurt with fruit, cheese & crackers, etc.

I may go out again later - and again tomorrow - just to pick up some "deal" items:
** 18 count eggs for .89 cents
** Skippy peanut butter for $1.99 (my favorite brand)
** Bananas for .33 / lb. (starts tomorrow at Save A Lot)

It's nice to be having longer weekends. Even though I have to go Friday night and work job #2 - it's hardly like work at all. Then two more days just for me!

Everyone stay cook and safe.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:52 am Wolf I remember the moon landing too but I was much older.. It was shock and awe for sure back then.

Congrats to your DH on his new car..
Thanks, Janet, and congrats to you on getting the new roof! Know that has to be a relief ...
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Afternoon frugals,
Hope all is well. Saw the post from the "gentleman" about his marriage woes. Any bets on whether a response would have gotten you emails offering to meet you? Do you all get those kind of spam emails? Joe, age 72 says hello. Click here to meet Joe. I don't know how they find you. I know they target older women but wonder how they find us to target. Little do they know that though I am 70, in my mind I am 26 and I am always offended at the imaginary old guys they pitch me. Ah well - life in the electronic age.

Hubs is unwell today - spent 2 days golfing in almost 100 degree temps. He says he knows how to keep cool with mister fan, frozen towels and hydrating. Regardless today he can hardly move - duh you are 71. I feel badly for him, but not wholly sympathetic of self destructive behavior.

Like I mentioned I had cataract surgery Tuesday. I opted to have the corrective lenses put in. I had to pay for them, but the thought of not messing with glasses any longer was a no brainer for me. I was put under (that is a whole long story) because with my claustrophobia I could not tolerate doing it awake. It is wonderful so far. I experienced none of the pain or itching that was warned of and the level of discomfort was far less than a hangnail. On day two hubs had to remove the lenses from my glasses on the surgical eye. Now I see perfectly - I can read, cross stitch, watch tv, etc all without glasses. It is a miracle. I get the 2nd eye done 8/6 and cannot wait.

Other than that, we are in the running to be the most boring people alive. Oh I will share a funny story with you. My great niece and her husband are going on a float trip this weekend. They like to do that a couple of times a year and they camp at a campground in a tent. The first time they were miserably hot (ya think?) so the next year they took a large fan and plugged it in. But they decided that wasn't enough so this year they are taking, wait for it, a small window air conditioner and plan to put the back out of the tent. OMG - hubs and I have laughed for 3 days. If very hard times hit after I die, my whole family will die out in about 2 weeks I have decided. This should be a valuable learning experience for them. Hope the canoe doesn't flip with the AC in it.

Well off to run errands - have a great, frugal day all.
rinty

Post by rinty »

Holiday , Day One ;)

Woke too early, pratted about before driving to DDs for DGD6 birthday party. I had my hair done near there which was nice, cut a fair bit off and she curled it with " beach waves " :shock:

The party was wonderful, just family and a big bouncy castle ! DSIL is a very good BBQ-er, yummy.

Expensive day, what with haircut, DGD6 present, DDIL gift card and some toiletries for me.............did get a FREE bronzer as I spent £5 but I earned a LOT last month and the bank account was still full coming up to JUly payday, yay extra hours !!!

Tomorrow is No Spend, getting house and garden holiday ready, I want to give everything a good scrub so I am company ready. No particular meal planning this week as I'm not at work ...............did see a recipe for German Potato Salad that appealed.

DH will go off and return with green beans and French beans , he also has brought me yellow courgettes so I might make a quiche ? Dunno. I'll meal plan tomorrow for the coming week
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Tell your hubby to drink some Pedialyte before he goes out to play golf in the heat. It will help a lot. Before and after.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

colonialgirl wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:27 pm Afternoon frugals,
Hope all is well. Saw the post from the "gentleman" about his marriage woes. Any bets on whether a response would have gotten you emails offering to meet you? Do you all get those kind of spam emails? Joe, age 72 says hello. Click here to meet Joe. I don't know how they find you. I know they target older women but wonder how they find us to target. Little do they know that though I am 70, in my mind I am 26 and I am always offended at the imaginary old guys they pitch me. Ah well - life in the electronic age.

Hubs is unwell today - spent 2 days golfing in almost 100 degree temps. He says he knows how to keep cool with mister fan, frozen towels and hydrating. Regardless today he can hardly move - duh you are 71. I feel badly for him, but not wholly sympathetic of self destructive behavior.

Like I mentioned I had cataract surgery Tuesday. I opted to have the corrective lenses put in. I had to pay for them, but the thought of not messing with glasses any longer was a no brainer for me. I was put under (that is a whole long story) because with my claustrophobia I could not tolerate doing it awake. It is wonderful so far. I experienced none of the pain or itching that was warned of and the level of discomfort was far less than a hangnail. On day two hubs had to remove the lenses from my glasses on the surgical eye. Now I see perfectly - I can read, cross stitch, watch tv, etc all without glasses. It is a miracle. I get the 2nd eye done 8/6 and cannot wait.

Other than that, we are in the running to be the most boring people alive. Oh I will share a funny story with you. My great niece and her husband are going on a float trip this weekend. They like to do that a couple of times a year and they camp at a campground in a tent. The first time they were miserably hot (ya think?) so the next year they took a large fan and plugged it in. But they decided that wasn't enough so this year they are taking, wait for it, a small window air conditioner and plan to put the back out of the tent. OMG - hubs and I have laughed for 3 days. If very hard times hit after I die, my whole family will die out in about 2 weeks I have decided. This should be a valuable learning experience for them. Hope the canoe doesn't flip with the AC in it.

Well off to run errands - have a great, frugal day all.
Lynn great news about your cataract surgery going so well.

I think your DN taking A/c with them to camp is a hoot.. I went camping with some friends one time it was 104 F and no electricity. A friend of their's took pity on us and invited us to her house for a swim. She told me her idea of roughing it was plastic glasses around the pool.. I agree. I love the idea of living out and doing the occasional back to the land thing but I need my stove and A/C too. I will be up a creek without a paddle if the grid goes down..
Janet Alliesmama