Daily check in July 21, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily check in July 21, 2019

Post by clemencia2us »

jckitty wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:18 am Good morning all,

Very hot again today, praying for some relief from this.
The DD's and grands along with some of their friends are all on the way to a water park, free tickets. I am in charge of pets and taking care of stuff here. I do not do water parks.

I will be doing the daily chores, most are already done, and just hanging with the pets.I also have some shows recorded to watch. Need to make my weekly lists and any plans.

Off for now, may check back later.
JCKitty
Never say the "H" word and it will just go away - :mrgreen:
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Another bright sunny day. July is almost over!

It is almost 11 and i am relaxing in my pjs and having my coffee

I am astounded by the number of people that are already out and about. OMG - they go eat breakfast at 8:30! How can they do that? Just kidding folks. I am more of a night person. Maybe if i had to get up early to go to work, that would change.

Today i will attend a fundraiser for a former schoolmate - not classmate. She is older than me. Have to pick up a few things from the store also.

The COD worked on the yard yesterday. Looks great. Even though it hasn't rained in a few weeks, grass still looks decent. My tomato plants never really produced. I started too late and it got too WARM for them.

The pets are all sleeping.

Hope all have a great day
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning all.

Jackie, send some of that cool weather down this way. Ask your DS what part of Scandinavia he liked the best. He certainly travels a lot and that is great. I’m “thinking” of a short trip to Scandinavia next summer.

Even with the H (word Clem doesn’t want to use), I decided to go to mom’s house to do a bit in the yard. Trimmed mostly in the shaded areas of the back yard. I had planned to stay out there 45 minutes but stayed an hour. I was tired and did not even feel like walking to the other side of the yard to check the rain gauge. I could tell it had rained, however, because I leave a kitchen-sized trash can I use for clipping upside down and water sits there. After resting for a bit I picked up the clumps of leaves in the front yard from neighbor’s tree. It wasn’t bad but the yard looks so much neater when it is completely picked up.

I bought a number of Acadian themed items in NB and one is a small knitted stocking for a Christmas tree. I thought of Penny’s tiny ornaments which are much more intricate than this stocking. Anyway, I think I’ll look for a pattern to see if I can duplicate this ornament for my friends. (I have already given them Canadian goat’s milk soap from PEI as gifts.) The Acadian flag is red, white and blue with a single yellow star.

I’m going to relax in A/C the rest of the day.
rinty

Post by rinty »

Hello,

Clem , don't wish July away, we have 10 more days ! How did you get on with that job interview you mentioned a little while ago ?

LOTS of cooking which both of us enjoy. Plugging away at the TO DO list.

All necessary and very dull.

I had been wanting to watch Apollo 13 for a while so watched it today, forgot it begins with the Moon landings so it felt appropriate. I love it, everything reminds me of being a little girl again in Canada.

Dinner was a courgette quiche, the courgette finely sliced with a mandolin in strips, saw it in Country LIving, it looks very pretty, tastes nice too. With leftover pastry we made gooseberry tarts with our own gooseberries.

DS stuff has turned up, just paperwork rubbish, that's on the back burner for tomorrow. The quick version ill be that I will argue with the first person who answers the phone, with the second person who takes over the call who will spot their errors and then , BINGO, their superior will tell me its all wrong/needs to be done again and would I care to submit all paperwork again in the next 24 hours........... :shock: Refuse to be wound up by it ;) The other two parents are on it as well........

Tomorrow holiday childcare/doctors appointment I have been putting off for an age/ironing everything I have washed this weekend/spending the rest of my extra hours on new bedding (YAY !!!) and possibly going to see Lion King if DGK wants to............I WANT TO, so we'll have to persuade them.

5pm and I haven't been near the garden, so I need to stop phaffing and get out there.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good afternoon ...
Still sticky here ... went out to pick green beans and came straight in to take a shower, LOL. We're supposed to start getting some rain this afternoon to cool things off.

Outside of the green beans and washing some dishes, haven't accomplished a lot. I need to do a bit of kitchen work, including prep for dinner.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I applied online and haven't heard anything back yet.

It wouldn't start until the school year starts.