Gayle's Cancer Updates

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

Re: Gayle's Cancer Updates

Post by gaylejackson2 »

itspennyc wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:06 am
{{{{{Hugs}}}}}

Penny
Thank you Penny.

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Jackielou wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:16 am
You are in my prayers every day.
Thank you Jackie. I pray for you too.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

gaylejackson2 wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:28 am
Thank you Janet. Some time I would like to hear about your kidney story of how you came to have only one functioning.
Gayle nothing exciting about loosing one kidney. I am a chronic kidney stone former with my left kidney being the worse. The Dr said my problem is either a renal leak or a malabsorption of the bowel that forms the kidney stones. He said it was something I was born with. During one of my many hospitalizations for kidney stones it was noticed that a mass was forming on my right kidney, my good kidney. After further evaluation it was determined to be a cyst and not malignant. As time went on it completely covered my right kidney and it now non functional. My Dr said there was no reason to remove the cyst or the kidney since a person can function well with only one kidney and the cyst is not going to become malignant. Good luck with your kidney evaluation.
Janet Alliesmama

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

alliesmama4 wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:00 am
Gayle nothing exciting about loosing one kidney. I am a chronic kidney stone former with my left kidney being the worse. The Dr said my problem is either a renal leak or a malabsorption of the bowel that forms the kidney stones. He said it was something I was born with. During one of my many hospitalizations for kidney stones it was noticed that a mass was forming on my right kidney, my good kidney. After further evaluation it was determined to be a cyst and not malignant. As time went on it completely covered my right kidney and it now non functional. My Dr said there was no reason to remove the cyst or the kidney since a person can function well with only one kidney and the cyst is not going to become malignant. Good luck with your kidney evaluation.
Does your right kidney hurt with the cyst completely covering it? How sad that you lost use of it rather than the left side with its chronic kidney stones.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

gaylejackson2 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:38 am
Does your right kidney hurt with the cyst completely covering it? How sad that you lost use of it rather than the left side with its chronic kidney stones.
There is no pain. In fact my Dr said a lot of people are unaware they have one and it might only be noted when they do an autopsy to determine death. Now my left kidney does have pain. I have to be careful how much protein I eat. If I eat too much, like with the keto diet, then it starts to hurt and I have to back off of protein for a while.
Janet Alliesmama

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

More to come soon here. I just have not typed it all up yet. I need to go back to August 11th & my kidney scope for those on my email list who haven't seen me or emailed me for more info on what has been happening.

I just feel so tired lately, probably because I have been pushing myself since this last surgery, and trying to garner the last bits of garden produce into canned bottles or bags for freezing isn't helping either.