Daily Check-in August 8, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
rinty

Re: Daily Check-in August 8, 2019

Post by rinty »

Maggie , I liked your idea about keeping pictures not the actual things.

I have purged , another big bag of shredding, and I was pleased to realise that 3 boxes belong to either WORK or CRAFT CLUB, so come September I won't have them in the house. Went through and purged those as well. One craft club box contains, sewing things, the other has papercraft items.

Also a box for the charity shop. Bearing in mind whats gone to the charity shop these past few months I suppose I could have tried a CAR BOOT, but those sales as rubbish around here............some English bloggers swear by them, and I used to make money aboyt 10 years ago, but not since we moved.

ANYWAY, clearing out stuff is good for the soul.

today, Friday, we collect DS. I also have to go get some DS paperwork sorted at the care home(EYEROLL!!!!!!) and will go and do some DS banking getting WAY ahead of the game ( some hopes).

In a self pitying moment. I rang to clarify something and they had to go into DS room. Well, you could tell they didn't want to, a definite case of " Do we have to, don't poke the bear !!!". I was on the phone the whole time and could tell how nervous they were, I could hear him reacting, they were walking on eggshells..........

I know he loves the caravan and nothing he does surprises me and I have hide like a rhino re other people reactions to him but it really is hard.

Moving into a different part of holidays when DS is home. Fingers crossed for good pickup today and a good journey tomorrow. DH is coming to settle him in , cos , hey, REALITY.

DH is coming up with long DS lists for when he is here. I am zoning out, what will be, will be.

Cereal and raspberries from the garden, salad for lunch then fast food in the car for tea with DS.

Off to dump the boxes and bags of rubbish and charity shop stuff, final load of washing ( dog towels). Sadly the weather has broken but DS won't care and I'll just Get Wet.
LWolfT

Re: Daily Check-in August 8, 2019

Post by LWolfT »

alliesmama4 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:18 pm Years ago we were visiting some cousins ion a farm and they invited us to stay for dinner. What I thought was fish fillets were fried cucumbers. They sliced them long ways and breaded them with cornmeal/ flour and egg like you would fried green tomatoes. In fact it did remind me of fried green tomatoes. Yummy.
I may give that a try ... I do like fried green tomatoes!