Daily check in August 13, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily check in August 13, 2019

Post by Jackielou » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:38 pm

Update

It has been a quiet day. I did the household chores, cut out the pieces for the pin hangers and then went to a chirch rummage sale. It was the last day and I got some fabric. Enough of one to make a couple of backs for some quilts and some lovely bronze coloured silk that should be enough to make a top with some left over for edging a skirt or the neckline of another top.

I finished knitting another dishcloth and have started a third. Three dishcloths should be enough to take the place of some ratty ones.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:25 pm

Forgot to say Happy Birthday Sandy.

colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:43 pm

Hello frugals,
Total lost day here. Did a lot of physical work yesterday so I knew I would be sore, but we were hit with thunderstorm after thunderstorm last night so my arthritis flared up on top of that. So instead of finishing the pantry, a Vicodin and recliner were the order of the day.

Clem, to answer your question yesterday, Brad just got too old for me. I’m a fickle vixen. So for fun and to keep my frugal mojo I have been reading older articles on Erin’s blog and the dollar stretcher. Boy has DS gone downhill, very corporate look and tone and is just generalized stuff, not the nitty gritty real life frugality we all use. My favorite thing Erin ever wrote was the tour of her storage room.

Well off to do nothing. Happy Birthday. Sandy
CU bye

CG

icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:49 pm

Happy Birthday Sandy,

Kitty, I miss mt parents everyday, it does get better.

Been busy today, spending money, the rental needs a new water heater ($1625.00) and a new garage door opener ($750.00)

At least I don't have to be there my tenant is taking care of it, I just have to pay LOL

worked in the backyard this morning, still a lot to do before the pool party at the end of the month, but little by little.

I talked to my girl friend, she is a nurse, and sadly DH not being able to "control" his body temperature is normal for someone in his phyical condition. Or if not normal, not unexpected. so a very good thing that we got the air conditioner.

IC

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:47 am

Sandy sorry I missed your birthday. Happy belated birthday. Hope you had a good one.
Janet Alliesmama