Daily Check in Aug 15, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Aug 15, 2019

Post by mbrudnic » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:50 am

Good Morning folks,

In the office today. My hip does not like my desk chair. I got the batting cut for the t-shirt quilt. I decided to use it after all. The seams of the t-shirts were quite lumpy. I am hoping the batting smooths them out a bit.

Have a great day,
Maggie

LWolfT

Re: Daily Check in Aug 15, 2019

Post by LWolfT » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:19 am

Good morning ...
Some things accomplished yesterday, not as much as we should have, I suspect. (Have a feeling I'm going to have to take over the painting on the door frame ...)

Anyway, friend dropping by to pick up some stuff this morning (perhaps she would like a cucumber or two?); chimney sweep later this afternoon. In the meantime, need to take cat boxes outside for washing (joy ...); put some tomatoes in the freezer; and maybe make dinner ahead.

Janet, (((hugs))) to you and Teddi ...

jckitty

Post by jckitty » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:39 am

Good morning all,

Can't believe I am one of the first posters …. what's up with that?

DD's kittens woke me up way too early. plus a sinus headache, I am sure it is allergies. I think I need to switch from Claritin as it is losing effectiveness. The eye I have a problem with is alittle achy also, sign of allergies.

I have bread going, no plans to go anywhere today and a to-do list that is not too bad.

Yesterday the fiancé brought the trailer and picked up the dead mower....yes it threw a rod and the engine is totally blown. He is stripping anything able to be used and junking the rest.

I think leftovers for supper tonight and will make more salad. Slaw is about gone, most times I don't do too well with the dressing on the slaw...this time it turned out good.

Off to get my day started, have a great day all,

JCKitty

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:00 am

Getting a late start to my walking

Didn't sleep well. The COD was up and moving around all night it seems. We have a alarm type thing on the doors so you can hear when they are opened. Beep, beep, beep - every few minutes. One of the big dogs sleeps with him and he kept taking him outside.

Ugh. Almost decided to skip walking, but will be out there in a few. I'll probably go very slow today. I do want to do my five miles.

Hope all have a great day

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:11 am

Good morning fellow frugalites

Late yesterday afternoon and again last night thunderstorms rolled through the area. Not really much in the way of rain, but lots of thunder and a couple of really nice light shows. It looks like I may have to brave the wet garden to harvest beans, cukes and zucchini at some point today.

Not really feeling like myself today, but I need to push through it and get my errands done as well as the few household chores I have on my to do list. I know I could leave them for another day, but then I feel as if I have not accomplished anything and some things just can't wait for another day.

It is one of two spending days this week so my total no spend days will be 11 and allowable spend will be 4. Still doing fairly well on that front.

Once my errands are accomplished and the few items on my to do list are completed, I will brave the muddy soil and do a bit of picking. Then perhaps do some processing this afternoon. It does not take long to grate up zucchini, or to process beans. If I do get enough cukes added to the few I already have tomorrow I plan on doing up a few more quarts of dill pickles, hopefully at least 4 if I am really lucky.

Other than those few things I will be cutting out a couple of simple patterns (tomorrow will be a get in the sewing/craft room day). I hope to finish off the banner type pin holders (must look downstairs in Hubby's stuff for dowel) and working on the 4" squares. I started sewing them together last night and really am not that pleased with the effect. However I will continue and see what happens. I almost think I should have just knitted stripes of colour.....

Supper tonight will be pork chops, or I may just use up the bag of leftover pork roast in the fridge.

Today I am grateful for time. Time spent doing things I love, time spent with family, and time spent just thinking.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:24 am

LWolfT wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:19 am
Good morning ...
Some things accomplished yesterday, not as much as we should have, I suspect. (Have a feeling I'm going to have to take over the painting on the door frame ...)

Anyway, friend dropping by to pick up some stuff this morning (perhaps she would like a cucumber or two?); chimney sweep later this afternoon. In the meantime, need to take cat boxes outside for washing (joy ...); put some tomatoes in the freezer; and maybe make dinner ahead.

Janet, (((hugs))) to you and Teddi ...
Thanks Wolf. I think I am better Teddi not so much..
Janet Alliesmama