Daily Check in Aug 15, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check in Aug 15, 2019

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. I had about an hour and a half of sleep.. I guess my nap yesterday took the edge off.. At least with getting up before dawn you get a lot done. Took my trash to my brothers house and have two loads of laundry hanging on the clotheslines in my garage and a partial drying rack in the house.
I am still really tired but cannot stand to just sit around. I was going to run errands today with my aide but will let her do the grocery shopping today. Teddi has a grooming appointment on Monday so while he is at the groomers I can run the few errands that need to be done while I wait for him. I am lucky that everything that I need to do is all on the same road but in different towns.

Teddi is not up to his usual activity level.I have a long driveway and he usually runs ahead but yesterday he sat and waited for me in the driveway but it was close to the garage. Will just have to see how the day goes.
Janet Alliesmama
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

I don't know where the time goes. By the time I think about posting, its already afternoon so I tell myself wait till tomorow.

Not too bad out right now, but once the temp rises and mixes with the high humidity . . . Ugh.

Went to the farmers market this past Sat, the first time in years, actually. Corn not much different from what I've been getting from the supermarket. Got a zucchini which I fried with onions which was SO good and a small eggplant that I will probably make tonight. I also picked up a head of green leaf lettuce for $2 that must have weighed about 3 pounds. Good stuff.

The year is flying by way too fast.

Spendwise I'm on target with nothing that hasn't been budgeted.

I did an analysis of my food spending over a period of years. A couple of them were over $4K . . . ouch. In looking over the last 3, 2016-18, they have been relatively stable except for the rise in prices which turned out to be $82 (between 2014 and 2016), $92 and $87. And all were under budget with the exception of the 2 years that I went over, so a pat on my back for doing a good job.

Well going to go for now. Have a wonderful day everyone.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Did my five miles!

It reached 91 degrees by the time i was done. I worked up a good sweat. I take a bottle of pedialyte with me. I feel so good now. Glad i didn't skip.

Have a great day
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I woke up feeling some better, but when I brushed my teeth I bumped one and now my whole side of my face hurts. I did burn the gum a couple of days ago on hot food.

I called the dentist and was able to get an emergency appointment. No sign of a cracked tooth or infection. I do have some gum irritation.

I am planning on resting today.

Penny
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Shopping and bill paying done in record time.

We harvested the garden and beans have been processed, and the four zucchini that were picked will be shredded tonight. That gives me more than enough for various cakes, muffins, cookies and main dish cooking (there is a lovely recipe with leftover pork and zucchini that I make in the winter).

I will be going to a funeral tomorrow morning and then in the afternoon I will do up a few more dills and get some sewing completed. I want to get those banners done for the DSs pins and those gifts packaged up. I am hopeful of getting another sewing project done as well.

Sewed together the two knitted strips and picked enough 4" squares for another two rows.

I even managed to cut out two patterns to add to the sewing projects and pulled out fabric to cut out a third. I am hoping to cut out enough patterns to keep me busy over the next few weeks and perhaps months. I really would like to get two quilt tops started as well (need to use up some of those 4" squares before cutting even more.

Think I will stick to the quickly finished things first as we are already half way through the month and I need to cross off a few of those pesky goals for the month.

Off to get the table set for supper. I will check in later.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/