Daily Check in Aug 16, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

Re: Daily Check in Aug 16, 2019

Post by gaylejackson2 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:51 am

Hello friends,

Have not checked in for a couple of days, not much to report on the breast cancer front other than I still have not yet gotten an appointment with the Huntsman Cancer Institute, although I talk daily with my case manager. Supposedly everything is nearly complete & I'm to get a call today to arrange a day to go in.

Hazy & cooler this morning, though highs still to be in the low 90's... fine with me, I'd happily take these warm temps another 2 months, just so I finally get the minimum from my garden veggies.

Yesterday was my all-day Substitute teaching training course, 1 of 4. I had a chance to talk to the head of HR for school district and got him to explain the pay grade-- I currently make $95/day (if I were to not complete the trainings, I'd still get $110 if I Subbed 10+ days consecutively), once I finish the 4 courses, I'm bumped up to $105/day & if I Sub 10+ days consecutively, then I'm bumped up to $120 for those days. I Like that!!

Later today, after ds16 is out of school, we (he, both girls & I) are driving 3 hours to my hometown to dniece's wedding reception-I still have 1/2 a dishcloth to finish, and am thinking of buying a cake pan to add to the gift.

Puppies are whining, I think I'll take them for a short walk, then go get my Rx and grocery shop.

Dh & boys are on their own for dinner, unless I put something in crockpot.

Today I'm thankful for quieter days w/o my children, though I miss them all after 2-3 hours.

jckitty

Post by jckitty » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:03 pm

Good morning all,

Up late but it felt awesome to get some good rest, allergies have been kicking my rear end. I am sure it is ragweed but it can't be avoided only worked with.

Laundry going, next up is some dusting and then floors, like to have stuff done for the weekend. Tomorrow we are going to dads house and putting a clean on it. It's mainly dust and sweeping that needs done there, not going to mow at home or there until next week, too dry and will make the grass look burnt.

We have planned a trip to the buy out warehouse for next weekend. This is the place that you never know what they may have...it's always a surprise. like the time I found triple-cream mozzarella cheese for 50 cents a pound. Had to buy a 30# chunk but we all benefitted from it....best pizza ever! Dd used some to make lasagna and people swooned over it.

Tonight supper will be "clean out the fridge". Tomorrow, taco soup from the freezer and Sunday I want to do pot roast with mashed potatoes. Maybe if I post it here it will gel in my brain and I won't be floundering with what to cook.
off to get started again.
JCKitty

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:17 pm

I took the morning off - no walking

I"m just here at home piddling around. Should go to the store

No one called about meeting up for lunch. We had been doing that the last few weeks. Guess they are busy.

One has an ill husband and has been having bad days.

The pups are all asleep. Will probably head out to the store in a bit.

Have a great day.

2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:06 pm

Simply exhausted today. Going to catch a nap when I get home. Was to the mechanic early this morning. They couldn't fix my exhaust system today because they have to order parts. The good news is that the estimate is VERY reasonable and leaves me enough money to get my front brakes fixed at the same time - next Friday.

Taking a vacation day from job #1 today. Have to work job #2 tonight. Had WICKED storms last night - which I enjoy - so was a treat for me.

Off I go - a nice lunch and a good sleep are calling to me loudly. Take care everyone.

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:07 pm

I went back to bed this morning I finished the second arm of the sock monkey. I am currently working on the ears then his face.

I am feeling some better, still very washed out. With much less pain today.

Penny

ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:10 pm

My kids get back from their vacation tomorrow.....and as much as I love my grand dogs.....I will be SO glad to send them home!!!! :D
This summer has flown by. My veg garden has been so so.
DH and I have been getting a lot of yard work done..tree trimming....planting..etc. It all looks really nice.
Off to the grocery store.