Daily Check in Aug 17, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Aug 17, 2019

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning friends,

I am NOT drinking coffee because the preparation for my assessment at the Y said not too. It sounds like they are going to check the body fat % becasue it said not to use lotion of feet or hands. I was supposed to hydrate well yesterday, refrain from alcohol 24 hours before, not eat within 3- 4 hours...

Excitingly, I was contacted for the job I applied for at the company I was formerly contracted too. I have an Hr phone interview Mom and a phone interview with the hiring manager Tuesday. Any thoughts and prayers would be appreciated.

Mom invited me over for dinner last night. Then we picked tomatoes form her garden. I am stocked for the week. :D

Have a great day,
Maggie
LWolfT

Re: Daily Check in Aug 17, 2019

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ...

Maggie, crossing my fingers for you!

Actually was up before the alarm this morning, so am a bit ahead of the day ;)
It looks like it wants to pour rain ... we didn't get anything yesterday, so we'll see what happens today.

Still working on odds and ends right now. Yesterday, transplanted some impatiens from the front garden to a couple of hanging baskets. Hoping to overwinter some of those plants, so this is a start.

Today, some Saturday chores; have green beans to pick (depending on the rain); and more tomatoes to put up. Have a couple of errands to run and some paperwork to take care of ... think I have enough on the plate, LOL!
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Sun is shining and while I kind of feel blah, I am looking forward to our trip into the big city.

I get to pick up all kinds of things with no real guilt (well a little) because this is planned for, and it only happens every 6 months or so. Really the best part is spending time with one of our sons catching up on what they have been up to. In this case returning a few things he left behind last time he was home as well.

I will be packing some bags to use once we get the Costco shop to the car, as well as the electric cooler, and regular cooler. This is the point that I really miss having the larger storage space in back that our Enclave had, and of course the smoother ride.

I will be heading out for a walk after this post and my morning coffee. Sitting in a car for 4 hours round trip does not give a person much exercise. Then it will be time to gather together all the items we need to take, print a few coupons out and get Hubby mobile and coffee down him.

So off to start my day.

Hopefully I can let all know about the great day I had a bit later.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

mbrudnic wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:00 am Good Morning friends,

I am NOT drinking coffee because the preparation for my assessment at the Y said not too. It sounds like they are going to check the body fat % becasue it said not to use lotion of feet or hands. I was supposed to hydrate well yesterday, refrain from alcohol 24 hours before, not eat within 3- 4 hours...

Excitingly, I was contacted for the job I applied for at the company I was formerly contracted too. I have an Hr phone interview Mom and a phone interview with the hiring manager Tuesday. Any thoughts and prayers would be appreciated.

Mom invited me over for dinner last night. Then we picked tomatoes form her garden. I am stocked for the week. :D

Have a great day,
Maggie
Crossing my fingers for you.
Jackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Little thing I finally decided on, but forgot to mention is that I am only going to work on one goal or project at a time. The flitting between projects really meant that nothing got finished when it was supposed to. This means I will work on the 4" squares until I have them sewn together (it is moving right along and given a couple more days will be completed) and then hit the sewing room. I am however cutting out a few more patterns when I can so I can have a massive sewing spree once in there.
Jackie
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

mbrudnic wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:00 am Good Morning friends,

Have a great day,
Maggie
Thoughts AND prayers Maggie!