Daily Check in Aug 17, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check in Aug 17, 2019

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Today is shopping day. I have a moderate list. I was able to get most of what was on my list. Mostly basics Plus 2 items that weren’t on my list but had $2.00 off coupons. On the Celaphil cleansing lotion and the cleansing bars.

The person who takes me shopping brought me another cantaloupe. I am very tired so I decided that it was safer to cut up after my nap. It is huge.

Penny
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

mbrudnic wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:00 am Good Morning friends,

I am NOT drinking coffee because the preparation for my assessment at the Y said not too. It sounds like they are going to check the body fat % becasue it said not to use lotion of feet or hands. I was supposed to hydrate well yesterday, refrain from alcohol 24 hours before, not eat within 3- 4 hours...

Excitingly, I was contacted for the job I applied for at the company I was formerly contracted too. I have an Hr phone interview Mom and a phone interview with the hiring manager Tuesday. Any thoughts and prayers would be appreciated.

Mom invited me over for dinner last night. Then we picked tomatoes form her garden. I am stocked for the week. :D

Have a great day,
Maggie
Maggie sending positive thoughts and keeping you in my prayers for a good outcome to your job interview.
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Slept great last night

Got up at 7, piddled around and had one cup of coffee. Then took off to the trail.

Did 4 miles. I thought it was going to be warm out there, but it was nice. Maybe we won't be seeing any more 100 degree days. It is almost 11 and it is only 88 degrees. The other day it hit 91 when i left the trail at ten or so.

Came home and made breakfast. We have been eating a lot of eggs. I love them.

Have a great day all.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Another rainy morning in Florida. The rain has softened the ground so much that I was able to pull out the 2 bundles of sugar cane on the north side. I had figured I would need to pay someone to remove them. They had become an eyesore. A frugal savings. Hooray. I bought a couple of Arizona blue cypress on sale to put in there. A happy day.

I continue my daily act of random kindness by helping a neighbor who needed an extra pair of hands to move something.

Today, I am grateful that my blessings are great.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. Had a big storm move through this morning.. The wicket one is suppose to come through later today. I am grateful I have a new roof.

I really do not have much planned for today except puttering around the house. For some reason I have cabin fever today and with all of the rain, storms and with flash flooding today it is not the day to go for a ride..Bummer.

Jackie have a safe drive and a nice visit with your son.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,
I guess I forgot to post this AM...duh.

Today has been busy but haven't done one thing that I had thought I would do today.

We found an apple tree, not too far from here and we were able to pick up only about 1/2 bushel before the rain hit. Oh well, I was able to peel and save 2 one gallon zip lock bags for the freezer. peels and cores to the animals, chickens and pigs. We will be getting more when the weather is better.
DD is determined to can apple pie filling and I don't mind working them up to can. I could have been cleaning but there is something very "Little House on the Prairie" soothing about sitting with a pan of apples and a paring knife.

I changed allergy meds, I think it may be helping my sinus headache...a big relief.

It rained pretty hard, now feels sticky and humid, this week is supposed to be ucky with heat and humidity.

Fiancé called, someone offered us butternut squash as their garden did well on squash, other things...not so much. We love butternut squash, so glad to get it. I will send eggs to the giver.

Not much else to report for the time being,
Off to do whatever.
JCKitty