Daily Check In August 19, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In August 19, 2019

Post by Jackielou »

Starting us off. Definitely need coffee this morning an some Tylenol.

Back as soon as possible.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In August 19, 2019

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Pretty darn achy this morning probably from being on my feet for hours yesterday, and it will be the same today. However, I won't be in the garden picking so no bending and straightening, which always does a number on me.

Not too sure if I will fit in a walk today, but I will be heading to the library to get some free reading material (last two nights I have been reading on my tablet a free Kindle novel), and perhaps I will take a stroll through the complex just to see if there is anything new and exciting happening.

Busy day with lots on the to do list.

Frugally speaking things will be going on as they usually do. I will be cooking meals from scratch, doing the laundry and hanging it outside (it's cool, but the sun is shining and it is going to warm up), processing a bit more of the garden I picked yesterday (had a bit of a brain wave yesterday and will try it out today), work on cleaning and tidying that did not get accomplished over the past couple of days, and just plain try and get things finished. I have quite a few rows of 4" knitted squares together now, and would like to get at least half of what is left together today (doubtful but I can hope for at least two of the 6 I have set out to be done.

Really, just the usual boring Monday around here with a trip to the library and some long term food storage going on.

On my late afternoon walk yesterday I noticed even more poplars changing colour. Scary thought that summer is almost over, fall will be here lickety split, and our cold Canadian winter is right around the corner. Seems like just yesterday we got rid of the last of the snow hiding in shaded portions of our yards.

No spending today so I am up to 15 no spend days, and 4 allowable spend days. I should be able to reach my goal again this month.

I may be changing menus around a bit to take advantage of any nice weather we have. Truth to tell we have hardly used the BBQ at all so far this summer and that is going to change. There will still be plenty of meals made inside by myself, but I am adding a few BBQ options for Hubby.

Supper this evening is going to be Soup and sandwiches. More than likely I will pull out the container of stock from the freezer (bone broth actually) and make a chicken vegetable, rice combination. Sandwiches will more than likely be egg salad. Tomorrow it will be Hubby's turn to cook.

Today I am grateful for any and all remaining nice days.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

i slept well and i am up early

Set my alarm for 6:30. I"m starting to like this getting up early business.

The pack has been outside. I'm having one cup of coffee. Guess not giving it up.

Reading online. Going to get ready to go walking by 8. Plan on doing four miles today. Wish me luck.

Have a great day all
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. It is going to be a scorcher here today. I am not really feeling well so moving slowly but need to get ready to take Teddi for his grooming appointment. I was going to take him for and allergy shot before hand but think I will have to cancel it and reschedule for later in the week.

Heard from my insurance company about the leak in the ceiling. They will cover the cost of the repair as well as pay for the entire ceiling to be painted. This is wonderful since the room is a Great Room combination of living room and dining room with vaulted ceilings.. I have been wanting to have it painted and this will save me a lot of money.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning everyone,

Bright and sunny out but cool. Like Jackie we can already notice a slight shift in the seasons. I needed my housecoat on this morning and am wearing a sweater. It is supposed to get quite warm this afternoon though.

I'll head out to the garden soon. There will be no need to water as we got quite a bit of rain all day yesterday. But there's quite a bit of debris to pick up as along with the rain we had high winds. Lots of useless, wormy apples to pick up to be thrown away in the environmental waste bin. I also have some kale to pick which we'll have for dinner.

Janet I am so happy that you can get your ceiling taken care of and re painted. The damage done was perhaps a blessing in disguise. I ended up being really bored yesterday so washed out my pot cupboard and rearranged all the pots. It looks so much better now so that was another blessing in disguise. My mother firmly believed in the importance of boredom to inspire creativity! I also washed the outside of all the other bottom cupboards and they look a lot better.

Dh has run into a bit of a hurdle with his new tv as it won't fit on the stand we currently have. He thinks he can just make due with painting a piece of plywood we already have on hand to expand the shelf length. This is why I hate change sometimes and he hasn't even started to set it up. I'm beginning to think that new tv might now be such a "bargain" after all!

Well I should get off and running!
Creative
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I woke up much too early this morning about 4;30. I decided that since I was up so early to make Blueberry oatmeal muffins I had those for breakfast. I put 10 into the freezer for other breakfasts.

I have my sheets in the dryer. I have towels in the washer.

Other than this I am planning a very quiet day.

Penny