Daily check-in August 22, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily check-in August 22, 2019

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

I woke up super early. I thought it was 6, nope 5am! Crazy

So i read online until the sun came up. Then took the pack outside. I headed out to the trail at 745. Not too warm, but then my right leg started acting up. It hurts. Could barely do three miles. I was limping around. What the heck! Might have to take a couple of days off.

Oh and on other news - it is distressing out there. Reading the Washington Post today makes me just want to never leave the house. You would think as we progress in time, the world would be a nicer safer place, but it only seems the craziness out there is brought to light - which i guess in a way is good. Can't ignore it, I guess.

Oh and family. A sibling called. The other sibling i guess gets her to do her deeds. She decides to do something and wants us to join her. I need at least a day or so notice. I told them i had to pass. I wish she would just text. I hate phone calls so early in the morning. Okay it was 945, but still

Hope my leg stops hurting.... :cry:
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello all.

I’m home from the dentist. I got a good report on flossing but have a small cavity on the back of a bottom tooth in the far back. She said it would be an easy filling but being so far back I know it will be uncomfortable keeping my mouth open while she works. I’ll have it filled next week. Hygienist recommended a Rx toothpaste to use once a day after I brush and floss in the a.m. It is $35 but she said it would last 6-9 months. If it prevents more severe problems I guess it is worth it. One of my friends has had two implants at $4k per tooth and I don’t want to have that expense.

Yesterday I cut mom’s backyard and did trimming on the side. Everything looks so good but I probably should cut back the hibiscus and allemande more but the blooms are so gorgeous I think I’ll wait.

Spoke to my cousin in RI about my upcoming visit in October. He and his DW have tickets to a performance at a historic theater the second night I’m there. They were able to get me a ticket (I’ll reimburse him) and I’m looking forward to visiting the theater. I used to go there as a child and mom and I visited it when mom made a donation about 15 years ago after it had mostly been restored.

Have a good day.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good late morning ...
Had a post earlier, hit the wrong button and killed it ...

Raining off and on here. Cooler, but muggy. Out to run a quick errand already.

Tires ... sigh. The problem with the just-in-time supply theory is that things don't always arrive on time. DH ordered tires on Monday. Was told they'd arrive Wednesday by the latest. Nope ... Today, we're told ... we'll see.

Neighbor says someone broke into her garage yesterday during the day. Saw nothing from my house and not sure I would have seen anything from this angle. It's concerning nonetheless.

Anyway, off to do more stuff ...
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good day all,

I agree with several of the other posters. It does feel like it is becoming a more dangerous place. The local news described an incident where a guy took a paver and broke the front window of a house. The owner was able to scare the guy away. I am glad I have Miami Date shatter resistant windows. It gives me peace of mind against hurricanes and bad guy break ins.

I got my monthly eye injection yesterday. Even though, the doctors think I should be able to shrug the procedure off, my body takes the injections poorly. I feel like I have a mild case of the flu for 24-48 hours. However, the news is excellent this month with the bad eye improving to 20/20. I shared that with my walking neighbor who barely passed the driving test last fall. I rode with her once several years ago and decided I would not do it again. However, driving is independence. Her neighbor is legally blind from macular degeneration and says he is getting bleeding in the eye as well. Fortunately, I selected my doctors well.

It has been an interesting time in the neighborhood. The neighbor next door to egg man who has 3 Labrador dogs stopped me as I was trimming limbs and wanted to tell me that the county was digging the ditches nearby and had assured him they would take care of his. I was happy for him and said I hoped his would be as deep as mine. He is still trying to find a way around a new 10k septic tank. I told him that my rain barrels really helps drain the water away from the house. I connect them to 100+ ft water hose and leave the faucet open during the rainy season. it takes the water straight to the ditch away from my house and tank. I also suggested he build berms and swales along his property since his property is lower than the neighbors on either side. He also asked about my permeable driveway since his is in need of repair. The nursery neighbor and I also chatted and walked a bit together. She misses her grandchildren who have been with her most of the summer and went home to go to school. She gave me advise about grandchildren.

I have been able to continue my daily efforts to do random acts of kindness. Yesterday, I complimented the eye doctor staff on their new outfits. The doctor allows them to pick them out and he pays for them. They all dress alike, a smart move by the doctors and what woman doesn't love new clothes.

Today, I am grateful that my vision tested very good and that it will be another 6 weeks before I have undergo the injection again. Have a good day all.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Dgflorida wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:34 pm Good day all,

I agree with several of the other posters. It does feel like it is becoming a more dangerous place. The local news described an incident where a guy took a paver and broke the front window of a house. The owner was able to scare the guy away. I am glad I have Miami Date shatter resistant windows. It gives me peace of mind against hurricanes and bad guy break ins.

I got my monthly eye injection yesterday. Even though, the doctors think I should be able to shrug the procedure off, my body takes the injections poorly. I feel like I have a mild case of the flu for 24-48 hours. However, the news is excellent this month with the bad eye improving to 20/20. I shared that with my walking neighbor who barely passed the driving test last fall. I rode with her once several years ago and decided I would not do it again. However, driving is independence. Her neighbor is legally blind from macular degeneration and says he is getting bleeding in the eye as well. Fortunately, I selected my doctors well.

It has been an interesting time in the neighborhood. The neighbor next door to egg man who has 3 Labrador dogs stopped me as I was trimming limbs and wanted to tell me that the county was digging the ditches nearby and had assured him they would take care of his. I was happy for him and said I hoped his would be as deep as mine. He is still trying to find a way around a new 10k septic tank. I told him that my rain barrels really helps drain the water away from the house. I connect them to 100+ ft water hose and leave the faucet open during the rainy season. it takes the water straight to the ditch away from my house and tank. I also suggested he build berms and swales along his property since his property is lower than the neighbors on either side. He also asked about my permeable driveway since his is in need of repair. The nursery neighbor and I also chatted and walked a bit together. She misses her grandchildren who have been with her most of the summer and went home to go to school. She gave me advise about grandchildren.

I have been able to continue my daily efforts to do random acts of kindness. Yesterday, I complimented the eye doctor staff on their new outfits. The doctor allows them to pick them out and he pays for them. They all dress alike, a smart move by the doctors and what woman doesn't love new clothes.

Today, I am grateful that my vision tested very good and that it will be another 6 weeks before I have undergo the injection again. Have a good day all.
Dg congrats on the great eye report from your Dr.
Janet Alliesmama
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Thanks Janet.