Sept 6 2019 Daily check-in

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Sept 6 2019 Daily check-in

Post by alliesmama4 »

rinty wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:43 pm Yay Friday !

The Back to Work week has gone very well, actually. On Monday I spent the day on a big paediatric First Aid course, not the piddly little one that tells you how to put on a bandaid.

Today I was on First Aid duty and got to use it ! I was shocked but pleased that the course gave me the confidence and knowledge. I would have flapped had I been faced with that before the course.

The kids were all lovely, I like new classes. The kids have all been working hard, noticeably so, good atmosphere.

Lots of grandbaby sitting all week, including overnights which will continue tomorrow. Good to be useful and they are all so smooshy cute ;)

Tonight DH made minestrone soup using a lot of our veg. YUM ! The rest of the week has mainly been quick fix kiddy meals...............where the veg comes as carrot sticks, well, we've been catering for toddlers.

Low spend week and NO SPEND as far as food shopping.

DS hospital appointment came thru and they are sending him to a PRIVATE hospital :shock: which is so good, they have totally taken him on board. Relief all round.

Cash wise we got a refund on our old cable ..a whole £25 but we'll take it. Off to spend more time baby sitting/visiting DS/and do laundry. Sunday I will sleep ;)

Like everyone says lotsf love to Libby and Gayle and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to FCL !!!!
Rinty happy to hear that someone is being proactive regarding your dear son. I do hope they can find out what is going on and make him more comfortable.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

snowangel729 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:32 pm Hi Yall!

Hadn't checked in a bit, so I popped in. Im still doing the school thing, my DS is in preschool now and I work weekends. However my DH was put out of work medically and I am the only one working. So things have been tough here.

Frugal Things I did today: Hung the laundry out on the line. Kept power usage to minimum.
Hi snowangle.. good to hear from you but sorry to hear your DH is not able to work.. I do hope things will work out for you. Stay in touch when able.
Janet Alliesmama
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Mrscreative wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:45 am Good morning everyone,

Pretty overcast today but at least not raining. We've sure had a lot of that lately along with high winds. This morning I went outside to collect yet more of the useless apples from our tree, filling up a 5 gallon pail. I also did my 2.1 mile, not quite as good of a time as last time but still very respectable. And organized some of my revised travel documents (Yay! For an upgraded room at no extra cost to us). I also did some fresh food prepping- pre cut sweet peppers, green onions and washed up some Ontario Coronation grapes. I love those seasonal treats!

We learned yesterday that our niece has lung cancer which has spread to other parts of her body. This young woman has never smoked a day in her life and has two young pre teen girls. She is awaiting a liver biopsy (in case it has spread there as that area also looks suspicious) before a course of treatment is prescribed. The whole family is devastated but at this point all we can do is pray and hope for the best. It's just so shocking that the disease has progressed so far without any symptoms until very recently. We had a long conversation with my sis-in-law last night.

This afternoon will be spent at home. I have plenty of things to keep me occupied and hopefully none that involve spending money.

Have a great day everyone!
Creative
I am so sorry to hear about your niece. Sending a prayer for her and her family.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

floridacatlover wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:44 am Hello Gayle and all.

I’m up early even though I got to bed late last night. I enjoyed dinner with my friends and have leftover pad Thai for lunch today.

My friend showed us aerial photos of her sorority sister’s two homes in the Bahamas. Both still standing but pretty much destroyed. She has insurance. My Dutch friend is collecting goods for the Bahamas (has some sort of connection to someone flying there with donations) but I am going to donate to Chef Jose Andres. I’m a big fan.

https://wck.org/news/hurricane-dorian-update

Even with the heat I was able to get three bags of clipping yesterday working in the shade. So I used the big can and will go there today to put it back in the garage. My friends are trying to convince me to hire a lawn person. Maybe next year.

Today I’ll pick up the dvd set I ordered at the library. That will be my entertainment this weekend. Then go Publix where they have a number of sale items I want there. I rarely buy produce at Publix but this week they have Fuji apples (my favorites) for .99/pound.

Have a good day.
FCL, Happy Birthday!!!! Is it today?
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Mrscreative wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:45 am Good morning everyone,

Pretty overcast today but at least not raining. We've sure had a lot of that lately along with high winds. This morning I went outside to collect yet more of the useless apples from our tree, filling up a 5 gallon pail. I also did my 2.1 mile, not quite as good of a time as last time but still very respectable. And organized some of my revised travel documents (Yay! For an upgraded room at no extra cost to us). I also did some fresh food prepping- pre cut sweet peppers, green onions and washed up some Ontario Coronation grapes. I love those seasonal treats!

We learned yesterday that our niece has lung cancer which has spread to other parts of her body. This young woman has never smoked a day in her life and has two young pre teen girls. She is awaiting a liver biopsy (in case it has spread there as that area also looks suspicious) before a course of treatment is prescribed. The whole family is devastated but at this point all we can do is pray and hope for the best. It's just so shocking that the disease has progressed so far without any symptoms until very recently. We had a long conversation with my sis-in-law last night.

This afternoon will be spent at home. I have plenty of things to keep me occupied and hopefully none that involve spending money.

Have a great day everyone!
Creative
So sorry to read about your niece.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

snowangel729 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:32 pm Hi Yall!

Hadn't checked in a bit, so I popped in. Im still doing the school thing, my DS is in preschool now and I work weekends. However my DH was put out of work medically and I am the only one working. So things have been tough here.

Frugal Things I did today: Hung the laundry out on the line. Kept power usage to minimum.
Nice to see a post from you.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/