Saturday, October 5,2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Re: Oct 5th 2019 Daily check-in

Post by mbrudnic »

Good morning,

Good College football night last night as my Alma mater took down a ranked program. It is below 50 degrees F here this morning. I am letting fresh air in as I drink my coffee and get ready to hit the grocery.

Tonight is a surprise birthday party for a support group friend, but those are all the plans I have. I keep hoping that DS2's concert video will be posted on YouTube, but not yet. They did not live stream it because the usual theater is in a construction zone for the next three years. So it was held at a local high school's theater. It was quite nice. DB and SisIL came. (Ex did not. why does that exasperate me so?) The last number had a Latin beat and you could see all of the percussionist smiling and having a good time. Usually DS is very intense.

Anyways, have a great day,
Maggie
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:15 am Hello all,

Am awake in a strange awake, not awake cycle-also awake to take antibiotic.

Have posted about Thursday’s Dr appt, it was interesting. Lots of people been asking me “How do you feel?”, and I suspect some think this whole kerfuffle not to be a harsh & difficult as it really is because of my cheerful attitude. But truly, “ARGH!! People!! I’m in pain!! Strange pain to be sure, but still pain so stop treating me skeptically!” Okay, sorry for the rant.
*sighs* Upper chest hurt as does right armpit, probably near where Dr Matsen removed the lymph node.

Have been reading tonight to catch up on past check-ins, the “tomorrow” (today) is our Church’s semi-annual broadcasted General Conference!! 💛💗💛 Dh has plans to make applesauce with the remaining apples-I have him half-persuaded to juice them first (it REALLY cuts down on the work of cooking apples) in my Victorio Steamer-Juicer. I am to lounge on couch and do nothing/be available for consultation & information, while he & kids do the work. 😁I’m fine with this arrangement, will take along my book.

Dh will also be canning the applesauce, and any juice not gobbled at lunch. Good experience for he & kids to do the canning.💕

Temps have been at/around freezing several nights now this week, good thing Dh & children picked garden clean on Monday. Daytime temps are high 60’s to low 70’s—yesterday was VERY windy and chilly.

Dh took girls and ds15 to go pick up “side of beef” we bought en-route to SLC Thursday-he, dh, was exhausted and kept dozing off. Dh had ds15 driving, says he has picked ds16’s bad driving habits (I reminded him we’ve not had ds15 out to drive much since getting his learner permit in mid-August). I guess wind was so bad, it was rocking the truck from side to side.
Dh also ordered a hog, cut & wrapped, when he paid for the beef—through a wonderful cash gift from dh’s brother & money made hauling hay on weekends, we are able to purchase this meat, it will last us most of 2years. 💗
I guess sometimes we need to let down our mask and let others see the pain. Glad to see Hubby & kids are making efforts to step up.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Dgflorida wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:11 am Good morning Gayle and all.

A bit of a down morning. Today, old dance partner and I will likely cancel our upcoming trip to the Smokies. After months of complaining of dizziness, I nagged him to go to the doctor who ordered immediate scans. His heart is failing. They put him on medication and it made him feel worse. He considered going to the hospital. They reduced the medication. Then he saw another doctor who said simply. "You have to stop drinking(alcohol). Well that was a couple of days ago. He didn't think it would be hard and he feels he doesn't drink that much. ( I disagree, but never tell an alcoholic they drink too much) And a drinker for more than 50 years. Yesterday, he said he felt shaky. Could be the medication withdrawal or the DT. Whatever, not likely to be resolved in 4 days.

My kitchen remodeling project was worked around this trip. It took additional effort to pull it together. A lot of additional effort. Now.....limbo. Of course, everything is set in stone for November and any changes would certainly mess something up.

On the frugal front, I should be able to cancel most travel things without penalty. I will know more about that by the end of the day. Meanwhile the weather is nice and most mornings, the windows are open. Minimal ac costs, but well pump costs up due to very dry conditions and necessary watering. Living a frugal life is good.

Today, I am grateful that my old friend will be confronting his alcoholism hopefully before it takes his life. Have a good and frugal day all.
Sorry to hear that your trip will have to be canceled. I do hope your friend takes the Drs advice and stops drinking. It will not be easy for him if he has been drinking so much for all of those years.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. Not sure of the temp but it is chilly inside. Love this weather. Slept in my bed with a nice fluffy blanket. I need to get ready to go to the lab for blood work. I am way behind on my Drs visits due to needing to do that. When you do not sleep at night it is hard to get up and get ready to go in to town to have early morning blood work. Just no energy. Have a good day. ttyl,
Janet Alliesmama
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ...

High 40s here this morning. I set the system to heat last night, but the house didn't get cold enough for it to turn on.

Didn't sleep well ... heard what sounded like the back door creaking at about 3 a.m. Got up, but all was OK. Figured it was one of the cats going down to the basement. But still had trouble getting back to sleep.

So, fireplace fix is finally off the project list, as is the oil change. Forgot to have them replace wipers ... oh, well, can wait. Lucked out at Meijer, split chicken breasts and pork chops for 99 cents a pound, plus a few "red sticker" items.

Once I'm fortified with more coffee, will run some errands and hit one of the smaller groceries for its produce sale. Good timing as I am out of carrots and potatoes. Also need to take the split breasts apart. Dinner will be pork chops on the grill ...
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Okay moving this thread into the one Mrs. Creative started. According to the time stamp she is the first poster of the day.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/