Daily Check-in Oct 22, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
BevMoore

Re: Daily Check-in Oct 22, 2019

Post by BevMoore » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:26 pm

Logics you can always make a cash donation to the church when you go for the dinner.
Bev

icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:50 pm

LogicsHere wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:02 am
Good morning all.

Gray morning here, but no major issues. Workmen here today replacing the dual faucet to single faucet in my shower. How I wish my original contractor had told me that all are going towards the single handle now especially due to the temperature control built in . . . oh well, some things you just have to learn the hard way. There's no way of getting around it. Will be glad when it's done. Although there is still other work needed, I have time to pursue . . . doesn't have to be done all at once.

So where Jackie is having a no spend day, I'm having a rather large one . . . lol. But it keeps the economy rolling.

Looked this morning at what I've spent so far this month on groceries and have done pretty well. I should have everything I need to finish this week and hopefully will come out under budget by about $50 . . . it would be nice.

Did a quick list for my travel prep this morning and marked it in my calendar. I'm still not sure what I'll do for Thanksgiving, especially with the diner having burned down earlier this year. I could go to Applebee's again or I could go to the local church that provides Thanksgiving dinner to those who are needy as well as for those who are alone. I feel somewhat guilty about going there because I'm not needy but I am alone. Well time alone will tell.

Well guess I'll go for now. Have a great day.
I had the handles changed in both of my showers. When the plumber did it those they had the temp. set for "safety for kids", I made them come back and take the safety feather out, I want my water hot !!!

It us so much easier for DH and I with the new handle, enjoy !!!

IC

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:26 pm

MackerelCat wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:44 pm
LWolfT, lysine supplements help kitties fight off viruses. DS's kitty caught feline herpes in the shelter, which made her susceptible to kitty colds and eye infections. So for about 18 months she got a little fish- shaped lysine treat every day. Now that she is grown, she seems to have no more trouble with it.

I did chores around the house today and updated my resume to apply for a job as a library clerk. It pays half what I used to make, but we'll see. My old boss at the radio station is retired but helps with her daughter's custom sewing business. She offered me some work doing simple sewing, so I said yes. We will work out the details.

DH finally had carpal tunnel surgery on his hands yesterday, which went well. His hands are wrapped up like a boxer's, but he gets to take that off in two days. He can't lift anything or unscrew bottles for a while, though.
Mackie,
Where do you get the lysine supplements for sick kitties? I suspect my three-legged cat might have a kitty cold from the way he sounded earlier today.

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:36 pm

Chewy.com has it, or a farm supply store that sells pet food might have it.

It helped Penny Cat a lot. We saw her records from the shelter and she had been sick time after time in her first six months. She was born in the shelter, so it's a miracle she survived what all she was exposed to.
Mackie

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:43 pm

FloridaCatLover

Did you read today's testimony by William Taylor. Very interesting and eye opening.

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:26 am

clemencia2us wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:43 pm
FloridaCatLover

Did you read today's testimony by William Taylor. Very interesting and eye opening.
I read the whole thing this a.m. Devastating. But I have no faith that Trump will be held accountable.

On another topic ... thanks for mentioning J Jill. I looked at their website and I like it. Happy they have petites.