Daily Check in OCt 25, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in OCt 25, 2019

Post by mbrudnic » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:40 am

Good Morning folks,

I woke up early with a bit of heart burn. I did not take and antihistamine last night. I need to get some more. I have a load of laundry in and a sheet pan of tomatoes roasting in the oven. My Dad texted me last night asking if I wanted a bowl of home grown tomatoes sitting on their counter. Mom left on an outing to the beach with a few of her North Carolina girlfriends. Dad is driving down Saturday to meet up with her and they will spend a week down there.

So I plan to make homemade tomato soup. I hope it turns out well. If it does, I'll freeze some to give to Mom.

I want to meet up with DS1 and family. It has been two weeks. Grandma needs a little boy fix. Saturday night there is a gathering to send off my cousin to National guard boot camp. So I plan to attend that. Feeling a bit lonely. Need to fix that. LOL!

Have a great day,
Maggie

DianeMNurse

Re: Daily Check in OCt 25, 2019

Post by DianeMNurse » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:22 am

Wished you lived closer, Maggie!! We could hang out together!!!
Diane

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:28 am

DianeMNurse wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:22 am
Wished you lived closer, Maggie!! We could hang out together!!!
Diane
Thanks

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:13 am

Good morning fellow frugalites,

It is above freezing this morning and actually get to be well above the high temperatures we have had lately. I plan on taking advantage of that by having my usual walk this morning, and perhaps even having a smaller walk this afternoon. Then we are right back to having ugly cold weather. Keeping my fingers crossed that the sun shines even on those cold days.

I have a doctor appointment mid morning. I need to get the papers to have my yearly blood work done, and then I will make an appointment for approximately two weeks away to have my yearly physical done. I even have my dental cleaning sometime next month.

Bible study is over now until Lent. Truth is I don't think I will lead another one. It just isn't me and really there are too many leaders to begin with so unless the studies are split or leaders split into two groups, there is no need to have so many. If I go back on this decision I will just lead at one of the two sessions, not both. That takes up way too much time.

Frugal happenings around here today will be going for my daily walk (did not hit 11k steps yesterday, close but just did not happen), work around the house cleaning the oven, working on projects (sewing and knitting) and perhaps making that trip to the library on the way back from the doctors.

Yesterday I actually did not sew at all, but did manage to find a few more projects to add to my next project goal list. I want to see if I have a pattern for what I really need. If not my first new project goal will be to search the internet for a pattern or if I am unlucky enough not to find one try and make my own (that could be a big problem, not good at drafting here). I still have lots of project goals on my list so this may take a bit longer to achieve.

Supper tonight is going to be either tuna cakes or a casserole (I do have a new one I would like to try). We will also finish off the Greek Salad I made last night.

Today I am grateful that everything seems to be back to normal once again.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

LWolfT

Post by LWolfT » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:29 am

Good morning.

In the 40s right now and another cloudy day. We're supposed to get some rain out of this tonight.

Couple of productive days ... even got a couple of small projects crossed off the list. Yesterday was errands/shopping. DH picked up his new glasses; I got a flu shot, so my arm's a bit sore today.

Today, have some various chores to do around the house. Might be a good day to take the pile of books to the used bookstore. (We'll see what the wait is. Think I have talked myself out of a Target run ... )

Tonight is Big Boy's last med. He's been good about taking them, provided DH holds him, LOL! (And Florida, he's feeling much better, though he still sounds a bit stuffy. How's Pippi?)

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:20 am

We had some thunderstorms come through last night and over night. We did get some much needed rain.

I slept late for me this morning 7:15.

Hopefully this will be one of the quieter checks of the alarms. The first few years they set them off constantly. Last year only a few times.

They usually don’t start checking them until around noon. They also come around to check sprinkler heads and fire extinguishers.

I have reknit most of the rows I had to rip to correct an error.

Penny