Oct 27, 2019 Daily check-in

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: Oct 27, 2019 Daily check-in

Post by jckitty » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:19 pm

Hello all,
I have been up and busy but feeling "unsettled". My feel good Sunday AM show was preempted by the presidential news conference ...I watched a bit and then turned it to mute....I just can't. Feeling confused and helpless about so many things.

I have a roast started, smells great, hope it turns out good. Will serve with mashed potatoes, salad and candied carrots.
Yesterday the weather here was wild...Rain and very high winds, I swear there is trash from the next county in my yard now, LOL

I started my wood stove 2 nights ago, felt good and seemed to make it feel cozy. I had to re-do my twinkle lights on the stair railings...thanks DD's kittens. They are cute but can be destructive...I will be very ready for them to move when DD does. I can visit them at her house!!!

Need to make my list for next week, leaf removal will be on any day that the weather is decent...yuck!
Off to do ???
Have a good day all,
JCKitty

Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:05 pm

Jackielou wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:26 am
Creative, what are cocoa nibs? And what are they used for?
Cocoa nibs are fermented chocolate- almost 100# dark. They are quite bitter in taste but we love it on top of our oatmeal or plain yogurt. You can also add them to baked goods like cookies and cakes.

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:20 pm

by jckitty » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:19 am

Hello all,
I have been up and busy but feeling "unsettled". My feel good Sunday AM show was preempted by the presidential news conference ...I watched a bit and then turned it to mute....I just can't. Feeling confused and helpless about so many things.

I have a roast started, smells great, hope it turns out good. Will serve with mashed potatoes, salad and candied carrots.
Yesterday the weather here was wild...Rain and very high winds, I swear there is trash from the next county in my yard now, LOL

I started my wood stove 2 nights ago, felt good and seemed to make it feel cozy. I had to re-do my twinkle lights on the stair railings...thanks DD's kittens. They are cute but can be destructive...I will be very ready for them to move when DD does. I can visit them at her house!!!

Need to make my list for next week, leaf removal will be on any day that the weather is decent...yuck!
Off to do ???
Have a good day all,
JCKitty
I didn't mute him, I turned off TV.

Penny

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:32 pm

by gaylejackson2 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:51 am

Dh woke me up when he closed the window, which made me realize that my knees were up and my body was aching. I’m out in the kitchen to eat yogurt to coat my stomach before I take my big does each of Tylenol & Advil.

Our wifi is acting soo sluggish thatI may switch over to cellular for remainder of night. I suspect our modem is the problem, but I don't want to have to buy a new one just now. Or it could be the wind. I just restarted the modem.

Yesterday, I exhausted my body my walking around two stores, then helping ds16 reorganize more stuff in the basement for 3 hours until I hurt SO BAD that I wanted to cry, But we got All of the clothes sorted through (kept about 1/3), and that was the most of the chore. I went upstairs at 2:30pm and laud on my bed w/ feet elevated until bedtime.

Dh bought bookcase kits yesterday so big boys put those together, and have hopefully started loafing books from boxes into them. My girls kept bringing books to ask if I wanted them.

The wind is blowing, and its supposed to snow tomorrow (today), then snow again on Tuesday & Wednesday. Cold temps are coming too, Sunday-Friday the daytime highs will be 31*F through 22*F with nighttime lows being 20*F to 2*F. BRRRR!!! Dh & big boys “swept” the chimney (wood-stove pipe) yesterday. Now we just need to reclean off the woodstove, clean non-wood out of woodbox, and refill said woodbox, then we’ll be ready for these cold days & nights. 🥶🥶🥶 I’m cold just thinking about it... also because I cannot stand the thought of jeans near my abdominal scar or swollen belly... I may have to buy mens thick sweatpants to wear until my body heals good again.

I’m off to take my meds, and hopefully get warm again enough to sleep more. At least the otc pain relievers will help my aching hip.
Please get more rest. You are not fully healed. You need to be rested and healed before the Chemo starts.

{{{{{Hugs}}}}}

Penny

BevMoore

Post by BevMoore » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:23 pm

Good late morning here;
Winds are blowing like crazy here and there have been a couple of grass fires several miles away. We are serviced by a publically owed utility so no shutoffs here. DD and her DH live in the foothills and do have power shutoffs in this type of weather.
In spite of the political arguments back and forth about P G & E and the shutoffs the fact remains....there are a lot of pine trees and brush where they are...only one way in and out on a twisty windy narrow road so my feeling is better to have the juice cut off and know they are safe.
I am dealing with a possible small termite infestation here...at least I hope its small. But I'm stressing about it. My house is on a raised foundation and if there is damage underneath I am in trouble....
Well its Sunday and windy so can't do anything about it today. Take care everyone.

Bev

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:52 pm

Good afternoon everyone,

I've been to Mass, 2 grocery stores and a Healthfood store. I've made some Mexican quinoa. After a rainy day yesterday, It is now sunny. I may go take a short walk. My ankle had been bothering me, so I don't want to over do it.

I talked to DS2 for a bit yesterday. He was frustrated with his SIL. She is hosting a birthday dinner for Ex. She was trying to guilt DS2 into coming. But he has a dress rehearsal for his concert tomorrow night. It was scheduled after he said he might be able to make it. He said talking to me was helpful.

DS1 went up for the football game [O-H-I-O]. They got wet. DS1 left at half time, DS2 said he left early too. Ex was suppose to go but ended up cancelling. {Zipping my judgemental lips}

Anyways,
Have a great day,
Maggie