Nov 6, 2019 Daily Check-in

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

Re: Nov 6, 2019 Daily Check-in

Post by gaylejackson2 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:19 pm

floridacatlover wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:17 pm
Sorry for my Medicate assumption because of your age.

I haven’t been around here much either and perhaps should not have looked in today.
No FCL, don't disappear!! I NEED YOU TO STAY!!

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:31 pm

mbrudnic wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:50 am
Good Morning,

So Gayle, is there a resource issue that is forcing the RS ladies to stop helping you? I so wish I could help out. (And I got your package. That was not necessary, but I appreciate it.)

As soon as I am finished here I am going to venture out to get coffee and breakfast.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Apparently there others now who needs meals and “other help” which wasn't specified to me. I think RS Pres doesnt like disruptions in her preplanned schedules; that it makes her fall apart but she can't seem to explain any of that in a normal manner so she gets stiff & rude.

As for the package, no not necessary but I felt like you could use a cheery bit, and the top one of the stack is definitely cheerful.😉

ohjodi

Post by ohjodi » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:36 am

Carleen wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:37 pm
Nope, we were not on Medicare
Medicare isn't welfare at all, and it's for everyone who worked and paid taxes into it. It's for everyone 65 and over (or disabled), no matter what your income, or if you're still working. You can have an income of over $500k/yr and still get Medicare, you'd just pay higher premiums.

Most people over 65 have Medicare, so nobody is being insulting or judgemental by assuming you have it.

Medicare is much more affordable than employer or private health insurance, which is why most people opt for it, since they've already paid for the bulk of it through employment taxes.

Again, there is no judgment in assuming that you have Medicare.
ohjodi

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:13 am

ohjodi wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:36 am
Medicare isn't welfare at all, and it's for everyone who worked and paid taxes into it. It's for everyone 65 and over (or disabled), no matter what your income, or if you're still working. You can have an income of over $500k/yr and still get Medicare, you'd just pay higher premiums.

Most people over 65 have Medicare, so nobody is being insulting or judgemental by assuming you have it.

Medicare is much more affordable than employer or private health insurance, which is why most people opt for it, since they've already paid for the bulk of it through employment taxes.

Again, there is no judgment in assuming that you have Medicare.
And some private companies that provide your insurance might require you to sign up for Medicare when you turn 65. Part A is "free". But if you want Part B (hope I am getting this right), you better sign up by 65. There is a ten percent penalty for every year you do not sign up after 65.

Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:00 am

This is true. Clement. I have a sister who works and will here as she turns 65. Shes been getting piles of mail and making her choices.

I do think that there was nothing wrong with FC belief that medicare was involved. I would have assumed the same thing.

rinty

Post by rinty » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:22 pm

Absolutely there was nothing wrong in FCL making a totally innocent assumption ! I can't stand passive aggressive people who seek offence where NONE is meant.