Nov 6, 2019 Daily Check-in

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Nov 6, 2019 Daily Check-in

Post by floridacatlover »

Carleen wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:37 pm Nope, we were not on Medicare!!!!! Hubby was still working so insurance picked up some but the left-overs were well over Mackie's $ 10,000. I don't know how you assumed we were on Medicare... Hubby loved his work and did not retire until a year and a half ago - we are both 74 now.

You seem to think you know a lot about us (as I noted in one of your previous postings). That is why I haven't been around here much anymore.
Sorry for my Medicate assumption because of your age.

I haven’t been around here much either and perhaps should not have looked in today.
rinty

Post by rinty »

Hey All,
Reading the medical posts always makes me bless the NHS.

especially with DS.

HUGS Mackie, that's a real burden.

Work wasn't bad, had 6 children each have a EUREKA moment working out cubed numbers.............my work there was done ;) Also had a teacher tell me a small child liked me, they didn't know my actual name but referred to me as " the Jolly One "

Depends, Small Child, but thank you any way.

2 loads washing, DH fixed some DS stuff, he also did the weekly shop without his wallet so he ended up spending less than the Tenner he had stuffed in his pocket............cheese, milk, bread, 2 yellow stickers @ £8.58.

As we have the family this weekend that MAY not be enough.

As it happens we have a ton 'o food including a large leg of lamb and all our own veg.

I'll nip to ALDI for anything I feel we can't live without..............cauliflower ( which we cannot grow, after 4 years I give up ) stuff for me to take to lunch and some fresh fruit, Probably another tenner but I won't go til Friday night.

Off to clean the kitchen then bedtime, goodnight all x

FCL, you are LOVELY, don't doubt it !
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Ive been a slug all week

Kind of feel guilty and then I get over it.

Just washed my hair. At least that is out of the way
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

rinty wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:29 pm Hey All,

especially with DS.

Work wasn't bad, had 6 children each have a EUREKA moment working out cubed numbers.............my work there was done ;) Also had a teacher tell me a small child liked me, they didn't know my actual name but referred to me as " the Jolly One "

2 loads washing, DH fixed some DS stuff, he also did the weekly shop without his wallet so he ended up spending less than the Tenner he had stuffed in his pocket............cheese, milk, bread, 2 yellow stickers @ £8.58.

As it happens we have a ton 'o food including a large leg of lamb and all our own veg.

I'll nip to ALDI for anything I feel we can't live without..............cauliflower ( which we cannot grow, after 4 years I give up ) stuff for me to take to lunch and some fresh fruit, Probably another tenner but I won't go til Friday night.

Rinty love to hear that the child found you to be the Jolly one..
Janet Alliesmama
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hi all,

I survived chemo, but had lots of funny/interesting feelings or side effects. I have a strange taste in my mouth, almost metallic but not-along the left side of my tongue. My thoughts to fingers typing seems to be disrupted a bit. No nausea yet, but they gave me a powerful anti-nausea med, cousin or big sister of Zofran- so much so that I’m not to use any zofran for 3 days. I do have 2 others to use and if None of them are stopping the nausea (or expected vomiting), then I can call them to get something stronger. My “pod” nurse told us to get Claritin to help with the bone & muscle pain and take it in conjunction with my otc pain meds, but the hospital pharmacy was out of it.

We've been puttering down the freeway at 15-25mph for 10-15 miles, then it cleared and off we go. Its full dark and I detest the time change!! Last week we’d still have daylight for another hour!!

I’ve been snacking all day; a snack cart came-by every 1-2 hours and I never did eat any of my own FF snacks but I’ll remember to bring them along next time just in case. I also know now what to leave home. I’ve also been chugging water all day too. They had a snack area, I made some lovely mint tea, but otherwise did not get anything there. Supposedly they had a fridge with juice but I’ve no idea where it was. Maybe next month I’ll learn about it.
Last edited by gaylejackson2 on Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

rinty wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:29 pm Hey All,

especially with DS.

The Jolly One. How cute!!

I’d say you are Delightful and a Joy!!😉