All About Air

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: All About Air

Post by alliesmama4 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:56 pm

HappyDaze wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:38 pm
Janet, in your circumstances I would say that having an air kit and knowing how to use it is a wise decision. I am blessed to have my brother about a mile away.
Glad your brother lives so close. My brother use to live about a 1/4 mile away so I never had the need. Although my one neighbor has told me not to hesitate to call him if I have a problem but I hate to impose on people.
Janet Alliesmama

littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:09 pm

Not free in my area either. We have very few older gas stations left and all the convenience store, Kroger and Walmart have the machines like they do at car washes to insert your money. Those were the days when they pumped the gas, checked the oil and cleaned your windshields all for free. My Dad owned a station and he checked the oil always and if it were low then he made a sale on the spot.

snowangel729

Post by snowangel729 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:18 pm

It costs at the gas stations here, but you can take it into a dealership or auto shop and they fill it up for free :)

Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:27 pm

We discovered when we visited our dd in both North Carolina and Colorado that you have to pay for air. My dh always has to do this for her whenever we visit.

In the area of Canada where I live (Northwestern Ontario) the air is still free. So are the vacuums for the inside of your vehicles. Of course you do have to pay for a car wash.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:43 am

Mrscreative wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:27 pm
We discovered when we visited our dd in both North Carolina and Colorado that you have to pay for air. My dh always has to do this for her whenever we visit.

In the area of Canada where I live (Northwestern Ontario) the air is still free. So are the vacuums for the inside of your vehicles. Of course you do have to pay for a car wash.
And we have to pay for the vacuum here in Saskatchewan. :)

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:08 am

HappyDaze wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:03 pm
So last weekend I asked my brother if he would come with me to put air in my tires. He said NO - but I was welcome to come to his house and he would check the pressure and use is air compressor to air them up.

He told me the local gas stations charge $1.50 for 3 minutes of air and I should always just let him know if I "need something blown up" (LOL).

Just sort of sharing - I am grateful for my brother's kindness and perplexed that it cost money to use air. Didn't that used to be a free thing back in the day?
I remember putting a quarter in a machine at gas stations to air up my tires.

I see similar machines around here with prices from 50¢ to $1 to get sir from, and people using them.

Now I get dh or one of my teenage boys to check my tires.