All About Air

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: All About Air

Post by alliesmama4 »

Air is free here too but I live so far out I bought an air kit. My brother use to do it for me but since he moved I do not have access to his help anymore. My niece showed me how to use the air hose at the local service station but now I can do it at home.
Janet Alliesmama
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

MackerelCat wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:24 pm Sheila, it does cost to use air at gas stations now. My son and I both have little tire pumps that plug into the cigarette lighter or auxiliary power port in a car. They can both measure the pressure in the tire and pump it up. They aren't expensive and I figure one pays for itself in a couple of years.

I consider that pump and a pair of good jumper cables to be must-have equipment to carry in the car.
Sounds like a good idea Mackie! I so rarely drive that I don't think of these things until it's "too late". Glad my brother lives close and is such a kind soul!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

ohjodi wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:53 pm Free air most places that I've seen here, in the middle of Illinois.
Leave it to NY to charge for air first, lol.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

My oil change place, Speed Lube, will check and fill your tires for free. I've tried tipping a buck but they won't take it.

There's also an auto repair/tire place, here, that will do the same, but they don't have a "drive through" like the oil change place, so you'd have to pull up behind a bay and hope someone notices you, or go in and ask. By the time I do that, I might as well do my tires, myself lol

But now I don't have a car, but I do have my sister's A LOT. So I can leave the tire business to her husband lol
ohjodi
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Air is .75 at the station where I usually get gas. But if my tire light comes on or I’m going to drive a long distance I have them checked at the place I get my car repaired. They will check them and fill them free but I give a tip.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:04 am Air is free here too but I live so far out I bought an air kit. My brother use to do it for me but since he moved I do not have access to his help anymore. My niece showed me how to use the air hose at the local service station but now I can do it at home.
Janet, in your circumstances I would say that having an air kit and knowing how to use it is a wise decision. I am blessed to have my brother about a mile away.

Charles M. Schultz