More SEARS and KMART closings.....

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: More SEARS and KMART closings.....

Post by Jackielou »

Sears and Kmart closed down here in Canada years ago, or at least they did in my province.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
frugalaaron

Post by frugalaaron »

Our Kmart closed a couple of years ago. When I was a kid, we would go there after church sometimes and have lunch in their cafeteria. I loved their butterscotch pudding.

Anyone remember those blue-light specials, when they would roll the blue-light special cart from department to department?

Sadly, our Sears closed last year too.
GMPG54

Post by GMPG54 »

Ours,which is about a 20 minute ride has been on life support for quite some time.
I always thought they never really bounced back from their short-lived collaboration with Martha Stewart and their prices certainly weren't competitive.
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

I loved them when they carried the Martha line. Quality merchandise at good prices. Ours closed last year. I remember back in the 1980s my niece got her first job there. They paid their staff weekly and in cash because they had so much cash on hand. People that shopped there were generally not using credit. They had a great lay away policy back then. It is a changing world.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

After this round of closures there will be one Sears in my city. We haven't had a K-mart for years.

Penny
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

The Kmart in my town is closing. Yes, sad - but - I have scored a whole room full of curtains for less than $26 dollars and some clothing for work for very cheap. The store is practically empty - the whole back section is BARE and all the merchandise that is left has been moved to the front.

Many in this town don't have transportation - and there is NOTHING else here - well, there is Dollar General, Dollar Tree, Family Dollar and drug stores - but no Walmart or anything within 30 miles.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz