Daily Checkin Nov 14, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Checkin Nov 14, 2019

Post by alliesmama4 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:54 pm

HappyDaze wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:59 pm
So enjoyed browsing through all of your check-ins. Sending good thoughts to everyone not feeling well.

Dealing with the bitter cold as best I can. Today it hit the 30's and will tomorrow as well, so they say.

Good day at work - accomplished a lot. Went right home after and let the dogs out to do their thing then hit the library. Treating myself to a piping hot cup of flavored decaf while I "do my computer stuff". So thankful for the library - if I'm going to splurge on a "take out coffee" I'm going to do it here.

This morning's breakfast was hot oatmeal with blueberries. Lunch was brought to work from home - two small baked potatoes with salsa topping and some leftover roasted carrots. I'll figure out supper when I get home later - most likely eggs and toast because it will be late-ish.

My brother and sister-in-law sold me a very nice 30" flat screen television set for just $20. It isn't a "Smart TV" but I don't need that -- I just need it to connect to my DVD player, which it does. I picked that up from them last evening and stayed for supper , of pancakes, eggs, home fries and sausage, of course I didn't have any sausage. It was nice to visit with them. We live close but all so busy all the time - work, work, work.

My daughter just emailed me about how she uses bubble wrap on her windows in winter - says it makes a HUGE difference in keeping heat in and cold out and she said she has used the same $20 roll of bubble wrap for 5 years now. She said it's great because it lets the light in while helping reduce heat cost. I will probably be giving that a try and see what difference I notice.

Off to do some surveys and stuff. Everyone stay warm.
Sheila. I use to think yuck when my Mom would fall back on a poached egg and toast for dinner. After my Dad passed away she really did not cook much for herself. I now find myself frying an egg with toast and do sometimes include sausage or bacon. It is a good quick meal.

Red Robin, from the forum from years ago, said she uses bubble wrap on her windows as well. She lives in NJ not far from the NY/NJ border. She said it makes a huge difference.
Janet Alliesmama

snowangel729

Post by snowangel729 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:09 pm

alliesmama4 wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:44 pm
Good luck. I will say a prayer for you three. ((hug)).
Thank you :) I am doing all I can over here. Thankfully I bought all my christmas gifts when were both working so our DS will have a good christmas

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:27 pm

snowangel729 wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:09 pm
Thank you :) I am doing all I can over here. Thankfully I bought all my christmas gifts when were both working so our DS will have a good christmas
That is nice. Although at his age a lot of presents are not that important. Sometimes my nieces and nephews played sometimes more with the boxes to make forts or whatever they wanted to invent at the time.lol. One year I bought one of my nephews something that did not come in a box. So I wrapped it up in tissue paper and tied it with a big piece of yarn.. He was more impressed with the big yarn...lol. He kept showing it to people. Look what I got...lol. So you just never know what will make them happy. A loving Mom and Dad spending time playing with them is just as good as presents.
Janet Alliesmama

Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:19 pm

Good evening all,

Just popping in very quickly this evening. Had a busy day with walking club and then a visit from my friend. And of course all the regular grind of preparing meals, general clean up, etc.

Gayle I am so pleased you are finally feeling a little better and how nice you got out for a while. Just be careful not to over do.

Rinty I'm sorry to hear about your son's difficulties and I'm sure he'll love a nice, relaxing visit at home this weekend.

Snowangel hope things work out on the job front for you and your family. It sounds like your dh has some medical issues too so hope they all get sorted out.

All's fine here. Finished reading "Educated" and will return the book tomorrow when I go to the library for my Retirement Explorers group.

Creative

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:29 pm

Jackielou wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:46 am
I am glad to read that the chemo pain seems to be lessening and you can start knitting a bit again.
Thank you. 😊

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:31 pm

mbrudnic wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:44 am
So glad you are feeling better!
Thank you. 🙂