Daily Checkin Nov 14, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Checkin Nov 14, 2019

Post by ChristmasTrees »

mbrudnic wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:40 am Hi everyone,

So things are looking up as far as work. With our team's new manager we are now under the same management structure as the Security Operations Center. They are tier 1 & 2 support. My team is Tier 3. We had always been hampered because we did not have the same access to tools and logs and the tier 1&2 folks. This is going to change! I am getting more excited.

Last night DS1 first asked if I wanted to share his Disney + login. Of course. LOL! My kids is old enough to pay for his subscription and share with me. Then asked if I could babysit for a hour or two after the babysitter goes home since he and DDIL both have meetings. THEN, a friend of DDIL's DM is coming to take Christmas pictures, and I was invited to come and participate with DS & Family.

Also, it is a balmy (in comparison) 30° F out there. (Woo-hoo, got the degree Symbol.)

Have a great day,
Maggie
So happy for you Maggie...on all fronts.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello all,

Chemo pain is greatly reduced, YAY!! I can type and knit again!!😍

Lol, eating a banana & cheese-flavored nut thins for breakfast. I’ve not wanted to eat A banana in months but it seemed right today.

Sunny and cool outside. High to be 52* but currently 26* with realfeel of 22*F.

My friend is coming at 10 to take me out to do errands, I have 4 stops.

Ds17 is doing 2-a-day wrestling practices this week, probably next week too—weed out the kids who don't really want to be there. Because of these practices, he is at the school about 12 hours.

My lips are sore, dry & swollen, dh says they look like I got Botox in them. The skin is gritty & dried. I keep slathering on my homemade lip balms (lavender/lemon and lavender/peppermint) hoping for healing & relief.

Later I will carefully do my lightweights laundry—my friend who is a Physical Therapist says that because I don't wear jeans or heavier clothing anymore, I should be able to safely do laundry without engaging my core muscles too much. (I wear soft lightweight knit T-shirts and lightweight drawstring scrub pants; my socks might be heavier than my all my pants.😂)

Other plans include knitting, & finishing, at least one dishcloth & starting another. I’m having fun seeing how many I can get out of my various cotton scrap balls.

Today I’m thankful for drastically reduced chemo-induced bone pain! And sunshine, love my Sun!!🌞🌝
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

mbrudnic wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:40 am Hi everyone,

So things are looking up as far as work. With our team's new manager we are now under the same management structure as the Security Operations Center. They are tier 1 & 2 support. My team is Tier 3. We had always been hampered because we did not have the same access to tools and logs and the tier 1&2 folks. This is going to change! I am getting more excited.

Last night DS1 first asked if I wanted to share his Disney + login. Of course. LOL! My kids is old enough to pay for his subscription and share with me. Then asked if I could babysit for a hour or two after the babysitter goes home since he and DDIL both have meetings. THEN, a friend of DDIL's DM is coming to take Christmas pictures, and I was invited to come and participate with DS & Family.

Also, it is a balmy (in comparison) 30° F out there. (Woo-hoo, got the degree Symbol.)

Have a great day,
Maggie
I’m happy for you. Great works news.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:35 am Hello all,

Chemo pain is greatly reduced, YAY!! I can type and knit again!!😍

Lol, eating a banana & cheese-flavored nut thins for breakfast. I’ve not wanted to eat A banana in months but it seemed right today.

Sunny and cool outside. High to be 52* but currently 26* with realfeel of 22*F.

My friend is coming at 10 to take me out to do errands, I have 4 stops.

Ds17 is doing 2-a-day wrestling practices this week, probably next week too—weed out the kids who don't really want to be there. Because of these practices, he is at the school about 12 hours.

My lips are sore, dry & swollen, dh says they look like I got Botox in them. The skin is gritty & dried. I keep slathering on my homemade lip balms (lavender/lemon and lavender/peppermint) hoping for healing & relief.

Later I will carefully do my lightweights laundry—my friend who is a Physical Therapist says that because I don't wear jeans or heavier clothing anymore, I should be able to safely do laundry without engaging my core muscles too much. (I wear soft lightweight knit T-shirts and lightweight drawstring scrub pants; my socks might be heavier than my all my pants.😂)

Other plans include knitting, & finishing, at least one dishcloth & starting another. I’m having fun seeing how many I can get out of my various cotton scrap balls.

Today I’m thankful for drastically reduced chemo-induced bone pain! And sunshine, love my Sun!!🌞🌝
I am glad to read that the chemo pain seems to be lessening and you can start knitting a bit again.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Jackielou wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:12 am Good morning fellow frugalites,

Finally I can get on the laptop. It decided to update from 6:25 until just now. I almost finished a full cup of coffee waiting for the go ahead.

We have another water main break on the street. This time just at the far end. So in a bit I will be emptying the ice bucket, filling the tub and a few more containers with water. We have been informed that the water will be off until it is fixed and since the last one took a repeat performance I am keeping my fingers crossed that this will be an easier fix.

I did my shopping and most of the bill paying yesterday (two bills arrived and I will go online and get those paid today) so will not have to go anywhere today. It will be nice to just stay home and do things for the next few days. Lots to do to get Christmas ready here.

I found the fabric and colours I want to make the cushion covers for the living room. I just have to get some other sewing done first. Then it is cushion covers, reusable produce bags and cutting out yet more patterns. I also have to pick up said fabric, which will cost quite a bit all told.

Finished the dress last night, put the last stitch in the hem and placed it in the laundry basket to be washed and ironed next week.

Knitting wise I have almost but not quite finished the prayer shawl I started awhile back. I do hope it is done by the end of the month (prefer sooner if possible) cause in looking at my bag of made gifts for the DS's I think they just might need a cup cozy and some more mitts...or perhaps a scarf.

Frugally speaking the same old, same old will be happening around here. I am gathering together recipes for various body lotions and potions. I plan on trying to make my own scrubs, and such. We will see if it is actually a savings to do this.

Meals will be made with what is on hand in fridge, freezer and cupboard.

I will start sewing the pajama bottoms for Hubby for Christmas today, and perhaps even get the two pairs completed (really easy pattern that I have sewn lots).

Walking for fun and frugal exercise (thinking a short walk outside as it really has
warmed up and I can put on the ice grippers).

Supper tonight is going to be Spaghetti and meat sauce. Served with a salad.

Today I am grateful for automatic updates, even though some seem to take forever to complete.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
I hope the water fix does not take long for you all. I cannot imagine have the water out when it is soo cold (yes actually I can, our water pipes froze on Christmas Eve when it was -30*F (-34.444C) and dbro#5 was visiting).

I make my own hand/body lotion and I much prefer it to commercially made lotions—though I admit that two of my ingredients are composed of commercially-made items.
snowangel729

Post by snowangel729 »

Morning

It's just now 30 here, not much going on. I've got to take ds to preschool in a bit, he's also got to get his flu shot. Gonna pick up a few groceries today. Probably do some cleaning.

Hope y'all have a good day

Snowangel