Daily Check-in November 21, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LWolfT

Re: Daily Check-in November 21, 2019

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ..
Mid 40s and drizzling off and on for the moment.

Janet, I'm so sorry to hear you are in such pain (((HUGS))).

Mackie, fingers crossed for you on the job!

Waiting for our workmen to arrive. (DH has been worrying about the details of this project.) Will be nice to get it done.

Jackie, I did find the quilt binding in the color I wanted. And a bonus ... store was offering a 25% discount for online/pick up orders! So I saved a couple of $.
rinty

Post by rinty »

Greetings All,

Janet, poor you, all the best re this surgery, hope you have some good support in for your recovery.

Gayle, do not go near your DSM, shes let you know cos she doesn't want you exposed to it either. Loved the mental picture of your little girls dropping the dirty clothes in the washing machine :D :D

And ( it wasn't me ) but I LOVE that someone treated you to some surprise cash. ( buy yarn for yourself and cheeseburgers for the family, just sayin'. And maybe a banana)

Had a FOUL week all round, but it is what it is . I even took Monday off work because I was wasted....and I do not feel guilty. So there.

ANYWAY, the Care Home Owner That Makes £100, 000 a Year " Caring " for Tom declared he had " NO mobility problems" in response to me b&tching and moaning over the fact that every time WE see him he's in PAIN and everytime hes with them. they claim he is fine.

Today, DH went to hospital to get results of MRI scan. RheumatoiD arthritis and ankylosing spondilolitis ( def spelt that wrong )

Shocked but , as the doctor said, it is good to get a diagnosis and the countrys best doctor in this field works at a nearby hospital and that si who DS has been referred to.

The Care Home prob rang asking for more cash re medical issues before they left the car park.............

Thank good ness for a diagnosis anyway.

Tomorrow is FRIDAY, BOOYAH. spending the weekend cuddling family, especially DS.

Eating a lot of chicken in all its forms, tonight was chicken and bacon in a parsley sauce ( nice ) followed by 2 Lindor chocolate balls. A balanced meal .

Off to scrub and do laundry as its occurred to me that my feet will not touch the ground at the weekend.

Oh, and Mackie, glad you interviewed at a place you would want to work. Hope you get it !
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Rinty, that care home owner should have a particularly pointy white-hot rock waiting for him in Hades. And poor Tom: that is a very painful diagnosis. :(

I had been avoiding jobs in the area of the one I liked because it would be quite a drive to get there, but by chance Google Maps showed me an alternative route that takes only minutes. Even DH, the king of the back road workaround, did not know about that one. These things are crucial to know because the interstate highways here are under construction and are always backed up and dangerous.

Today I drove my homeless shelter buddy on an errand. We finished up close to lunch, so I took him to lunch at our favorite diner. Good food and it's not expensive. I can't eat very much at once, so he mooched off my plate. :) He is doing so much better. He will never be as strong as he was before his last long hospitalization, but he's able to take extensive bus rides around the city now, so he needs much less care than he did.

Once I was home again, I vacuumed the house and the furniture, vacuumed out my car, did a load of laundry, and got out the auto paint pens ordered in August and touched up some nicks in my car door. It was banged up several times by large SUV or pickup truck doors in the church parking lot. At least it won't rust now. I'll have to see what it looks like in bright sunlight.

Also took a rather pointless survey that's part II of the application process for a state job open here locally. The job description is very vague, but from the questions today, I deduced it's in some kind of medical clinic. It will be my luck that it's in the sexually transmitted diseases clinic! :-d Well, there are some things even I won't do for state benefits.
Mackie
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

clemencia2us wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:39 am looks like it is gong to be another sunny warmish day. It hit 80 or so yesterday. Had to tunr on the fan in the bedroom and open the window. But will cool down again by the weekend.

Today is my day off - :mrgreen:

By that i mean no outings scheduled. I will tidy up and need to clean my fridge. I keep putting that off

But i have been eating the food in there at least.

They put up the for sale sign on the family homestead. We are doing it ourselves. I'll have to go take pics later. I wonder why i don't act all "devastated" i guess could be a word about the sell. There are people i know that hang on to whatever scrap of house their parents or grandparents had until the city makes them tear it down. Literally. They fight to keep up but never pay taxes or maintenance. So why i wonder? :roll:

Anyway we shall see how it goes.
Not the same thing, but..
I inherited a house that my mother inherited from her father. He father had it built in 1938 or so.

When I die it will go to my nephews and niece, I'm sure that at that point it will be sold. I am sad about it, but nothing that I can do about it .

I'm not leaving enough so that one of the kids could buy the others out, and that would be assuming that any of them wanted it.

It is sad, but few people really can keep everything that has had meaning to others.

I hope that you will be ok.

IC
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Rinty, so sorry to read about Tom's diagnosis. That is very painful. I hope they caught it in time to do something to give him relief.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

alliesmama4 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:26 am Good morning. Another sleepless night. So what else is new....lol.

I had to go back to see my nurse practitioner yesterday due to the severe pain in my chest. My gastroenterologist does not feel like the pain is linked to my gastritis so he sent me back to her for additional testing. Tomorrow, actually later on today, I will have a chest x-ray and a cat scan. One good thing is that due to cutting dairy out of my diet there is very little shopping that I need to do for Thanksgiving. I have everything I need in the house. I am not buying a turkey for just me so plan on baking some chicken that I already have. Since I am having surgery next week on my esophagus most likely not going to be that eager to eat a lot anyway. However I now realize how much I planned meals around cheese of some sort. It has been interesting trying to come up with meals that are gluten and dairy free as well as low carb and diabetic. I also gave up drinking coffee to see if that will help. So far nothing has helped but I am hoping over the long haul things will improve.

Just wanted to say Hi to let everyone I am still on the planet. I do get tired from all of the visits back and forth to the various Drs and tests etc. I most likely will not post daily maybe just pop in and out to try to keep up with what is going on with everyone. Take care everyone. Keeping all in need in my thoughts and prayers.
I will be thinking of you, pls drop in with a word or two.

IC