20 Things in 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
rinty

20 Things in 2020

Post by rinty »

Saw a blog post today on 20 Things in 2020.

Really nice ideas, a very long list covering lots of areas, worth a look !!

www.cherylsfrugalcorner.blogspot.com

One thing I took away was to donate £20 to a new charity ( she suggested monthly I am just going to pick a one off )

Also decided to cross stitch 20 things, do 20 scrapbook pages ( I like me a challenge ! ) but there are tons of ideas. I also liked send 20 pieces of snail mail ( nice !) And an easy one, read 20 books !

Anyone in, got any ideas yourself ?

GMPG54

Re: 20 Things in 2020

Post by GMPG54 »

Try 20 new recipes?
Give 20 compliments?

randamax

Post by randamax »

rinty wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:44 pm

One thing I took away was to donate £20 to a new charity ( she suggested monthly I am just going to pick a one off )

Also decided to cross stitch 20 things, do 20 scrapbook pages ( I like me a challenge ! ) but there are tons of ideas. I also liked send 20 pieces of snail mail ( nice !) And an easy one, read 20 books !

I SO TOTALLY LOVE this idea! Thanks for posting it. I already knew that 2020 was going to be a spectacular year, but this will make it even more so. It fits right in with my "Intentional" theme for the year. I loved perusing her list - she had some great ideas! I'm going to include some on my 20 things list. As for more ideas, I'll have to think about that for a bit. Her list was fairly comprehensive in the things that would capture my interest. The only thing I might add would be more ideas having to do with the arts - for instance, visiting 20 museums, going to 20 musical performances...that type of thing.

Thanks again! I'm really excited about this! I can't wait to see what I can accomplish!

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

rinty wrote:

Interesting concept. I'll have to think on it. Though I'm all about knitting right now, and finishing my works in progress (WIPs), so maybe I should do 20 knitting & crocheting projects--I have 2 big afghans that need completing, as well as my orange socks & the purple shawl I started on our trip to Italy 2 years ago. I could knit a bunch of hats & be done with 20 in 2020 in no time, especially if I complete the above projects & my ribbed shawl-capelet.

Funny thing, whenever I see 2020, I remember that my brother's birthday is 2/20/2020 this year. I :lol: :lol: about that.

ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

rinty wrote:

Love this! I am in....thinking about what my 20 will be.

DianeMNurse

Post by DianeMNurse »

rinty wrote:

https://www.gretchenrubin.com/blog/ I’m hoping this link is correct. I am doing this with a group of friends. We’re meeting on Jan. 20th, naturally, to go over our lists & aim for some accountability. I love your ideas