Daily check in January 15, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

Re: Daily check in January 15, 2019

Post by gaylejackson2 »

itspennyc wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:10 am Gayle the button bands on my sweater are knit as part of the front of my cardigan.

Button bands are usually done 3 ways,

1 knit with the front, or part of garment where the band is.

2. Sewn on after knitting the body of the sweater as you sew it together.

3. Knit with stitches picked up from the edge of the garment.

I have only done the knit with the rest of the body of sweater as the sweaters I knit are top down cardigans.

You can find information on how to do yours on line, some are articles you can download and print. Others are YouTube videos. I personally prefer the printed instructions.

Penny
Thank you for the information, Penny, I do appreciate you sharing your wisdom with me.

I had in mind to pick up stitches from the edge of the shawl, so I will look online and maybe luck out in finding a good YouTube video tutorial to help me know how to do that properly. I like to read instructions, but I also do best if I see how it is done too.
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Morning, all. This weather is tripping me out. Today's high will be 70 and the atmosphere feels very heavy. Hard to breath. Having temps in the 70s in January always worries me b/c that's prime conditions for tornadoes.

I need to buy dog food for Audrey (prescription), but I'm not sure I will get out today. I much prefer stay-at-home no-spend days. Today my goal is to clean the kitchen and dining room top to bottom. I need to deep clean the fridge/freezer, but I don't think I have the energy to tackle it today. Supper is taken care of with last night's leftovers (barbecue chicken, green beans, and mac&cheese).

One of these days I hope to hear from Lowe's. We are having our bathroom floor done. This has been a planned expense for quite some time and it will be really good to have them done. Who in the world ever thought it was a good idea to put carpeting in a bathroom? It's only in the sink area (not the water closet), but still ... gross. We're putting in a gray/beige tile that looks like wood flooring. Then, once that's done I want to paint the vanity. It's cream. I want to do a pretty, sort of muted blue - kind of like the attached pic shows - but I haven't decided the color for sure yet. I'm waiting till I see the floor installed. This is a big thing for me. I don't have much experience painting furniture, but I really want to do it. I will be doing lots of research and watching of Youtube, no doubt.

Just heard the mail come by, so I need to stir myself to get up and get busy. Hope you all have a good day.
Patty
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

chocolite wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:05 pm Morning, all. This weather is tripping me out. Today's high will be 70 and the atmosphere feels very heavy. Hard to breath. Having temps in the 70s in January always worries me b/c that's prime conditions for tornadoes.

I need to buy dog food for Audrey (prescription), but I'm not sure I will get out today. I much prefer stay-at-home no-spend days. Today my goal is to clean the kitchen and dining room top to bottom. I need to deep clean the fridge/freezer, but I don't think I have the energy to tackle it today. Supper is taken care of with last night's leftovers (barbecue chicken, green beans, and mac&cheese).

One of these days I hope to hear from Lowe's. We are having our bathroom floor done. This has been a planned expense for quite some time and it will be really good to have them done. Who in the world ever thought it was a good idea to put carpeting in a bathroom? It's only in the sink area (not the water closet), but still ... gross. We're putting in a gray/beige tile that looks like wood flooring. Then, once that's done I want to paint the vanity. It's cream. I want to do a pretty, sort of muted blue - kind of like the attached pic shows - but I haven't decided the color for sure yet. I'm waiting till I see the floor installed. This is a big thing for me. I don't have much experience painting furniture, but I really want to do it. I will be doing lots of research and watching of Youtube, no doubt.

Just heard the mail come by, so I need to stir myself to get up and get busy. Hope you all have a good day.
Hi Patty! Love the color of those cabinets.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Good luck with your next chemo Gayle.
IC...thinking of you.
Doing laundry today and trying a new recipe for curried red lentils for tonight.
Beautiful sunny day, so will get outside for a bit first.
Have a good day everyone.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

hello friends,

I think I got some more sleep, or at least I dozed a little. I was kind of cold after I got back into bed, so I turned on my electric blanket (a gift from a church friend back when i got pneumonia), that was lovely to have that full-body warmth! House was about 66F when I went back to bed.

I have had my blood labs drawn. Dh took me right after we dropped the girls at school; I was first one there, and in & out in 15 minutes--no waiting, and it was NICE!

I have built a fire, house temp is set at 70F, though furnace was running still from morning warmup which is set at 73F, still too cold for my pneumonia-chemo-chilled body.

I am CRAVING Sweet Crunchy snacks! I just want SOMETHING!! I ate the last few Butter Toffee Almonds, but not enough. I'm considering reheating leftover homemade GF birthday cake icing & drizzling over fresh-made popcorn to see how that is.
Just need to make sure I eat Protein for lunch to help offset the sweets, an egg and maybe the last Elk steak from last night.

I have brewed my usual 2 quarts of tea, plus extra in my "tankard" mug. Dh loves that mug, but refuses to use it. I wish I knew where my friend bought it from--I got it off the prize table at Knitting/Spinning retreat.

I have braved up and am using Google Sheets to chart my Cancer & Chemo travel visits. I have decided that it really IS a good thing that I written such in-depth emails, as they will help me to be able to chart these trips a bit better.

I have been battling a moderate headache for past 3 days, yesterday dizziness added itself to the mix. So Not Fun!! I sent a msg to my chemo Doc about it this AM.

Still haven't decided what dinner will be. *sighs* Maybe I should make a LOT of banana & applesauce GF muffins and let those be dinner... I Have done it before. Much less lifting of heavy cast-iron skillets & such, which may be what did me in last night.

I kind of want a Hamburger-veg soup for dinner, or maybe I should do a corn-chowder-type thing.

Will count my stitches & figure out how to decrease 1/3 of them to create the collar for my shawl--I really must decide which side is to be the right side. I found a lovely website that both had a video tutorial & written instructions telling how to pick up stitches on the sides to put buttons in--along the collar edge, have been thinking about using seed stitch to give it a nicer finished edge, then lower down create buttonholes for 3-4 buttons.

I may pull out my wheel & try spinning on it a bit today too, as I'm not too foggy yet--or maybe I should wait in lieu of this dizzy-headache thing.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good afternoon friends.

Clem, that is great news that your brother is doing so much better.

Jackie, I’m glad that things are settling down for your DS.

IC, I’m thinking of and praying for you and your DH.

Tonight I’m going to celebrate my friend’s birthday as part of our regular monthly dinner. We’re going to a “gourmet” pizza place. My friend said we’ve been there before but I don’t remember it.

I’ve been tracking the airfare for my summer trip to Copenhagen and Stockholm. Today finally the price is lower by about $100. I’m going to take a chance and wait until tomorrow to buy it because of the cc I want to use with the bonus. I’m buying a ticket that allows changes - but for a fee.

Just got done cleaning “Pippi’s Bathroom” (bathroom where her litter box is located). I give it less attention most weeks because I don’t use it often and there was a thin film of litter dust on all the “accessories” and the mirror really needed a good cleaning.

I already got my bloodwork results from yesterday! Not great but not terrible - about the same as last time but my triglycerides were higher, 5 points above “normal.” I KNOW I need to exercise much more.

Have a good day and stay well.