Daily check in February 14, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily check in February 14, 2020

Post by clemencia2us »

I hope your son decides to go home with y'all Jackie. He needs the assistance.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Happy Valentines Day all

I got up way too early today. I guess it is training for tomorrow when i signed up for a 5K walk.

We went to eat and we were supposed to go to the house and make sure we had taken all we wanted out of there. But for some reason, my brother just brought us home. I guess he forgot? But he was the one that suggested it. Well that is strike three against him! LOL. Unreliable. Never again will I agree with anything he wants to do. :P

And since we ate breakfast, it was easy to turn down the lunch invitation from the person I invited last week and forgot. So we are even - boy I sure can hold a grudge! :mrgreen:

I will now relax, watch TV and get ready to go show the house later this afternoon.

Have a great day.
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Good morning, all, and Happy Valentine's Day to every one. I have been down for the count all week with some kind of sinus/cold crud. Yesterday I honestly felt like I'd have to get better to die. But I slept - really slept - last night and the sun is out today for the first time all week, and I feel so much better. Thank God.

I've had a frugal week for sure. No spending and no driving. I'm cooking a Valentine's meal tonight for DH with his favorites -- ribeyes, baked sweet potatoes, green beans, and biscuits.
Patty
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good afternoon ... and happy Valentine's Day to all.

Sunny, which makes it feel a bit better than the temperatures (17F at the moment).

Did run out to do some grocery shopping/pick up a prescription. Actually, have more errands to run, but I think they can wait until tomorrow, when it's supposed to be back above freezing.

Just took care of some financial stuff ... dealing with customer service folks ... sigh. Hopefully, things will be done correctly.

Otherwise, need to put laundry away, take care of a few chores and a bit of decluttering. Gave DH some Valentine's cookies yesterday, so he's set.

Jackie, I hope you can talk your son into either coming home with you or staying with him a bit. It's amazing just how much one has to bend during the course of a day ... especially with pets.
jstore97

Post by jstore97 »

Jackie: I had a similar surgery to my hip. Try to get the shower chair that extends outside of the bathtub (I think it is called a transfer?) and a raised toilet seat with arms to help with getting on and off. I didn't really need too much active help but did need rides to therapy and Dr. visits as I couldn't drive for 6 weeks. I sat around in a recliner and played candy crush :) Good luck to your son with his healing.

Jan S.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Transfer bench, I think is what they call that kind of shower bench.

Hi, frugal ones. DH is suffering through the misery of transferring our phones to another service to save money. For this I will make him homemade pizza. :-D

I dropped our homeless buddy off at the bus stop this morning so he could ride into town, then went grocery shopping, took some diapers and wipes to my single mom friend, and took advantage of early voting. DH brought us cupcakes for Valentine's Day, which was very sweet of him.

It's very chilly and sunny here. Glad it's not raining and things can dry out for a while.
Mackie