Is the Coronavirus affecting you

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ohjodi

Re: Is the Coronavirus affecting you

Post by ohjodi »

I got mey 2nd Pfizer, today! Whoo, hoo!

My county is now open to everyone 18+.

April 12 Illinois will be open to everyone 16+.

Our governor was here a couple weeks ago, announcing that my county would be getting 500 doses per week, as part of a rural vaccination initiative.

My sister and her husband got their shots...so they're going to some Iowa Mega Church for Easter services. The church is "safe" with masks and social distancing, but I think it's a BAD idea.

I'm continuing with all safety measures, but at least now I don't carry that fear of dying on a ventilator. Or dying at all. Or getting really sick and losing a leg (as someone we know in town did), or other permanent damage. BUT, nothing is 100%!
ohjodi
jgomez1002

Post by jgomez1002 »

I've had my first shot, Moderna, and get my 2nd shot on April 9th. I teach so the school arranged my shot at the local hospital, a half mile from school. DH had a J & J shot this morning. Yeah! We will both be careful for a long while.

Regards,
JGomez
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

ohjodi wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:59 pm I got mey 2nd Pfizer, today! Whoo, hoo!

My county is now open to everyone 18+.

April 12 Illinois will be open to everyone 16+.

Our governor was here a couple weeks ago, announcing that my county would be getting 500 doses per week, as part of a rural vaccination initiative.

My sister and her husband got their shots...so they're going to some Iowa Mega Church for Easter services. The church is "safe" with masks and social distancing, but I think it's a BAD idea.

I'm continuing with all safety measures, but at least now I don't carry that fear of dying on a ventilator. Or dying at all. Or getting really sick and losing a leg (as someone we know in town did), or other permanent damage. BUT, nothing is 100%!
I agree that it is a bad idea for your sister to go to the mega church for Easter. For me, I’d like to see the new movie The Courier but even after full vaccination I don’t feel comfortable going to a movie theater so I’ll wait until it comes to Redbox or streaming. Even with the vaccine, I still feel some risk.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

It depends how they are handling the social distancin thing. My church is a large church bit limits attendance. Every third pew with groupings on alternative ends. Bread only communion wise. The only reservation I could get was for good Friday. I slept almost not at all.but it'll be the first time worshiping with others in a year so I will go.at noon and nap.when I get home. I would not go.if not vaccinated though even with masks.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Quilter51 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:31 am It depends how they are handling the social distancin thing. My church is a large church bit limits attendance. Every third pew with groupings on alternative ends. Bread only communion wise. The only reservation I could get was for good Friday. I slept almost not at all.but it'll be the first time worshiping with others in a year so I will go.at noon and nap.when I get home. I would not go.if not vaccinated though even with masks.
Up here mega churches of certain denominations are not following protocols at all. They are being fined and in some cases closed down.

I belong to one of the largest Catholic parishes in my province (we are not very well populated according to US standards though) and follow the same type of protocols as your church. We also have a limit of how many can attend and be socially distanced correctly. I will continue to watch services on the screens here at home. I will do so until I get both shots of the vaccine and wear a mask for a bit even after that.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Jackie I understand. My church requires masking and I dont ntend to not wear a mask post vaccine anywhere except with family. I see no waiving of the mask before summer earliesr. Vaccinated or no. I will unmadk with the people in my bubble as before.

I simply cannot go another week without communion and the prayers we do as a substitute for that no longer feed me. So today I am going to the goodd Friday passion even though I did not sleep last night and will need a nap soon as I get home. Sunday I will watch the vigil on live stream but will have communion delivered to me.