Is the Coronavirus affecting you

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Is the Coronavirus affecting you

Post by clemencia2us »

Our catholic church started having services back in the regular building this week

They are still masking etc

But with the pews, it was hard to be separated, so they were having mass in the church hall. It has regular chairs that can be easily separated.

They were very diligent about spraying your hands before communion etc. No wine though.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

We have a co mingled communion. They but drops of the wine on the wafers ahead of time so with the wafers we get both.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

clemencia2us wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:12 pm Our catholic church started having services back in the regular building this week

They are still masking etc

But with the pews, it was hard to be separated, so they were having mass in the church hall. It has regular chairs that can be easily separated.

They were very diligent about spraying your hands before communion etc. No wine though.
Sounds like my parish Clem, and due to a restriction on numbers we can only have so many at a Mass at a time. Our priest has added extra but there still isn't enough room for everyone. And until I get vaccinated I am not even going to try and attend (we make an appointment for one of the services).
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Quilter51 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:20 pm We have a co mingled communion. They but drops of the wine on the wafers ahead of time so with the wafers we get both.
This is not allowed in the Catholic faith so wine has not been given out since the beginning of the pandemic.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I was stalking facebook pages of people from around here

Lots of big gatherings for Easter. No masks.

But maybe a lot have been vaccinated. We shall see...
Beverley

Post by Beverley »

DS ended up having a strong to his second vaccine. He was spiking fevers as high as 102.5 yesterday and able to bring them down to 100-101 with tylenol. Last night he sweated so much he drenched all the bedding which is in the wash right now. He still has an elevated temperature but is feeling better. Not sure when he can return to work. Apparently there are new CDC guidelines for food service workers so his employer had to place him on a leave of absence even though the high fevers are a reaction to the vaccine.

Bev