Daily check in April 12, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Dgflorida

Daily check in April 12, 2020

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning all. Let's get started.
Dgflorida

Re: Daily check in April 12, 2020

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning all,

A lovely day in Florida with a hint of rain. The night time temperature is in the 70's and humidity is high, so I'm just cycling the house air through the whole house fan ducts to to advantage of the cooler attic without actually sucking in any additional humidity. It may only drop the house a degree, but it is cheaper than the ac.

Yesterday I transplanted, ground planted, pulled weeds and all manners of housekeeping. Took tomatoes to my neighbors as well. Just a busy, satisfying day.

Today, I hope to work on building my newest garden. It is a flower garden with maybe some herbs tucked in here and there. Normal frugal activities around the house.

It is nice that most stores are closed today to give their employees time with their families. I hope family continues to be valued after the virus runs its course.

Today, I am grateful for another night of restful sleep. Have a good day all.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all and Happy Easter to all who celebrate.

A mild, cloudy day in the mid-50s is expected here, but a bit on the chilly side due to low humidity and some brisk wind which seems to be hanging around for awhile.

Every day is getting to be pretty much the same and hard to tell one day from the next. With my neighbors home, I've been getting my days a bit mixed up. Today is going to be like all my other days these last 4 weeks . . . looking forward to the day when we can get back to as normal a life again as possible. I feel like I've become lazy and that's not good. Have to force myself lately to do anything.

Will be making a turkey leg for myself today for dinner along with some rice and a vegetable.

Did you know that in addition to it being Easter, today is also National Licorice Day. It's best known as a candy flavor, but can also be found in tea, some foods an desserts, alcohol and tobacco products. It's not to be confused with anice which has a similar taste. Licorice has been used medicinally around the world for a wide range of ailments.

Have a wonderful day.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning Dg and others.

Happy Easter to all that celebrate. I have been up since 4:00 AM tried to go back to sleep but could not.. Bummer.

We are suppose to have bad weather today. They just sent out a high wind warning with winds between 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph. This is in effect until 12 noon tomorrow. We have storms moving in from the west and south so going to be a pretty active weather pattern. I have bruises all over my abdomen from the last storm and when Teddi was so sick he would jump up and down off of me.. It is going to be a long 24+ hours if he reacts the same way.

I am all set for Easter dinner. I have a small spiral ham that I bought a long time ago before the pandemic was even a concern. I saw it at Ruler and thought it was the right size and price for my Easter dinner. Will be making Faux potato salad. It is like regular potato salad except you sub in steamed cauliflower for the potatoes. I plan on cutting some hosta shoots to bake in the oven like I would asparagus. My first attempt and glad the hosta's decided to send up enough shoots for me to enjoy with my Easter dinner. Dessert is a lemon almond flour cake. Basically a one layer cake.

Wishing everyone a good day.
Janet Alliesmama
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,
A blessed Easter to all who celebrate. He has Risen!

I tired to make some cookies yesterday, but was very unhappy with them. I wanted to drop them off with DS1. Today is his birthday. I have masks for the family too. Of course, working in construction, DS1 has some N95 masks. He offered me one a few weeks ago and I turned him down. But I made a few kid sized ones too. DS2 turned down my offer of a mask.

Mom is going to make me up a plate of their Easter dinner.

Have a wonderful day,
Maggie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Happy Easter to all who celebrate.

I’m planning a quiet day. I don’t have a regular church but will watch the online service of the church I visit once in awhile at 9:30. Then I may watch the National Cathedral service at 11. (Thanks Quilter for mentioning the National Cathedral yesterday.) From the website, it looks like the Methodist church closest to mom’s house will hold a service in person. I hope that isn’t true.

I did not receive my Sunday newspaper for the second week. They no longer do redeliveries. The only thing I was looking forward to is the new Sunday puzzle section. I’ll call them tomorrow.

The bunny has been visiting my patio most evenings. I’ve been putting out baby carrots. Most times the bunny visits at dusk and Pippi loves to watch the bunny. Last night Pippi was snoozing aside of me so we missed “the show” but the carrots were gone within about 45 minutes.

Have a good day.