At Home Salon Services?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

At Home Salon Services?

Post by HappyDaze »

Just wondering what you all are doing for things like hair cuts/color, etc. - things you normally would have done in a beauty salon, now that they all are closed.

This is not a huge issue for me. I DO get my hair cut and colored in a salon - but only 3x a year. I am needing to "get the snow off the roof" (cover gray hair) pretty bad right now but I have a box of hair color stashed that I can use if need be.

I'm not worried about a haircut as I'm growing my hair long anyway. I don't get manicures or pedicures, waxing, facials, tanning, etc. - so none of that is an issue.

Has anyone done at-home hair cuts, etc.?

Jackielou

Re: At Home Salon Services?

Post by Jackielou »

Right now I look like a sheepdog. All shaggy, but I don't dare cut my hair or my stylist will never forgive me.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I haven't had my hair cut in almost two years now.

It is getting long. I wear it up otherwise I would look like a wild woman. At the longest point, it is just above my waist

But I will have to go get it trimmed in a couple of weeks or so. I will wait until after all the ones that get dye jobs etc., get that done.

littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

You've seen those old pictures of Einstein where his hair is going in all different directions. That's what I see when I look in the mirror. :lol: :lol: I want to take the scissors and go to work, but like Jackie says, my hairdresser would kill me.

This is what I'm talking about: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HC3327Q?tag=sa-b2c-new-20&linkCode=osi&th=1&psc=1 Well, maybe not this bad, but it's getting close. My appointment is on the 19th of May, can't wait.!

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

My hair is very fine and stick straight. So I get perms every three months and usually get a haircut every six weeks. Of course I haven’t had my six week haircut but my hair isn’t too bad yet. My hair is chin length/medium so I can get away an extra few weeks between haircuts.

I have colored my own hair for years (light-medium brown). I started doing my own color shortly after my former hairdresser did the color and my hair turned out with a purple tint. (I made her fix it before I left the salon.) I use Clairol Natural Instincts which is a semi-permanent color that washes out after 28 washes. I’m not as happy with the new formula but I still really like it overall. I’m going to use it in the next day or two. I still have three boxes on hand.

Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

My hair is a mess.there are no clippers available and salons are not allowed to do I in home work. It is what it is and everyone else is in the same boat.
http://richlyretired.blogspot.com