At Home Salon Services?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mona50

Re: At Home Salon Services?

Post by mona50 »

Colonial girl, your man bun post was hysterical!!! Just reread it and laughed so hard (again)!

mona50

Post by mona50 »

Does anyone remember "the bubble" hairstyle? I have a huge bubble/helmet head at this point. Thought I was salt and pepper, but seems to be mostly salt also!!!

SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

littlemiss63 wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 8:43 am
That is interesting about the male co-workers comment. I think it would depend on the man, but if that is true I wonder how all these young girls who dye their hair orange, purple, red and green get a boyfriend, if the guys all feel this way. I am 79, and have dated 3 men since DH died and all three have told me that my hair was one of the things that caught their eye. One was 13 years younger than me, so all men don't feel like your co-workers. The younger one is still calling me and I've told him that I will be his friend, but marriage is out of the question with our age difference. There is someone out there for you and I have a feeling when you meet he will love you for the way you are.
Maggie's coworker's comment interested me, too. DH is 10 yrs younger than me & I just asked him - if I'd had my natural hair color (21 years ago when we dated) and it'd started to grey, would we have dated (he did the asking, so he would have had to been the one to instigate regardless, I sure wasn't going to ask a 23 year old out and pretty much ignored his alleged 'charm' anyway, I figured one of the 20-somethings in customer service would eventually catch his eye) and he said, "Same personality, so yeah."

I'd been playing with my hair color off and on since after high school so it's been through some stuff - serious highlights in the 80s to full champagne blonde for a while before I settled on the darker blonde. DH saw some of the transitions. Once years ago I told him I was going to dye it purple (I wouldn't, I don't care that much for purple - now pink or peach, in my youth, sure, if it had been more main stream in the late 80s) and all he said was, "That'll be different!" :roll:

Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

My hair is very short and I've been considering putting a blue streak in for some time.
http://richlyretired.blogspot.com

ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

HappyDaze wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 8:21 am
I have to say friends, I'm more concerned about getting my dogs to the groomer than myself to the beauty parlor. Wait - do people still say "beauty parlor"?
I cut our Pom and long hair chi now. May look awful, but saves money and they haven’t complained yet. Lol my hair is long so maybe go to salon once a yr.

HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

ownedbydogs wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 7:41 am
I cut our Pom and long hair chi now. May look awful, but saves money and they haven’t complained yet. Lol my hair is long so maybe go to salon once a yr.
Thankfully, neither of my dogs need haircuts and I couldn't care less about baths in the grand scheme of things. It's their nails I worry about - even with regular walking, they grow. I had let my Lucy's (beagle/basset mix) nails grow WAY too long and was meaning to make her an appointment when BAM! the groomers all closed. So they continued to grow way fast and were starting to curl under.

I called the Vet and explained the situation and got an appointment. Then the vet left me a voice message that "we are not doing nail trims right now." This is so UNLIKE me (really - I promise) but I IGNORED that voice message and took her anyway - literally pretended I never got it. The dog NEEDED her nails cut!!! For crying out loud, I had explained to them when I made the appointment how urgent it was!

Hope's (yellow lab) nails are getting a little tiny bit long - but it's not impacting her ability to walk or anything - and she BITES them - which I'm sure isn't good. I'll be first in line with her when our groomer opens back up!

I have watched - I can't tell you how many - youtube videos on how to clip your dog's nails yourself - it's not something I want to attempt with either dog. I think if push came to shove I could do Hope's but I sure don't want to find out.