Daily check in May 22, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily check in May 22, 2020

Post by ChristmasTrees »

I swear..we have so many chipmunks this year we are tripping over them! They have dug so many holes in my veg garden. It is screened and fenced...they still get in......UGH!
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

Good afternoon!
I ended up shopping in my garage and unearthed a lot of handyman materials and supplies. I think when I brought Mom up here to live and then went back to work part time Ii just kind of shoved all that stuff towards the back of the garage. I had a list of supplies I needed to get at Lowes to start my projects and now I don't need any. I just need paint and a new mailbox but those will be done last anyway so I don't have to go there for awhile. Since our state has pretty much opened most things up I am going to wait until everyone has gotten their ya-yas out of their systems before I venture out. A friend showed us a photo of Hwy 99 going south and it was bumper-to-bumper traffic. Memorial Day weekend traffic. I never venture out on holiday weekends.

I am still waiting to hear about the schools. I am undecided if I should return to work. I don't think its a matter of if the second wave will occur it's a matter of when. It could occur in the fall just like the 2018 influenza did. The first wave of that occurred in the spring and cramped everyone's style and then it went away. People thought it was gone and then it came back with a vengeance. I am over 65 with pre-existing conditions so I think I should continue self-quarantining myself like we were instructed to do when the pandemic first hit. This virus is just too vicious to mess with.

Triple digit temperatures are on tap for next week so I won't be venturing out anyway. I will just sit under the fans and a/c and watch some movies.

Bev
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

MackerelCat wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 11:20 am Good morning, frugal friends. I slept in a bit. Everyone in the house has today off work. It's been raining all day. Like Little Miss, I think Tennessee has been transplanted to Seattle while we slept!

There was thunder, so the two smaller dachshunds were stuck to me like glue. You get some intense puppy cuddling around here during storms. :-D

Today my must do list includes cutting DH's hair, taking up a pair of my work trousers that mysteriously are too big in the waist (none of the others are), sewing another couple of masks, cleaning out the fridge and some regular chores.

Hope everyone has a lovely day at home.
Mackie, it had rained overnight while I slept and if it didn't come another heavy shower about 6:00 tonight, I'm not sitting here. I could be getting so much accomplished with small paint jobs needed for the spring on patio furniture, my garage floor and finish up woodwork in the Master Bedroom if I could get a week on no rain. I know we'll be crying this summer about how we need it, but I am sure tired of it now.