Daily Check-in May 24, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Daily Check-in May 24, 2020

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend, or I should say 2 month weekend. Up super early this morning because I couldn't find anything on TV to watch last night so I turned it off around 8:00P and must have been tired because I woke up at 1:30A; went back to sleep and up again at 3:00A.

Today is going to be a bit nicer than it was yesterday, mostly cloudy but no rain. Looks like it could be another day to at least get out for another walk.

My walk yesterday took an unexpected twist. I started to walk up my "block" and saw someone walking down. That person stepped out to make room for me but instead I had made a turn towards the back of my building. We met at the street end and that's where my walk stopped for about 45 minutes. It turned out that she was another single woman, also retired who lives at the other end of the co-op. It was SO refreshing to have someone to talk to even if it was at about 15 feet apart. It felt SO good. When this is over perhaps I can make a new acquaintance a bit more of an acquaintance.

I'm a bit of an "oddball" I suppose when it comes to the church issue. I actually prefer being able to stream the service and participate while home and do so seriously. I wish the church would extend the privilege of doing so to anyone who prefers it. But I can totally understand why they don't. I don't believe it should be a mortal sin because God can hear us from wherever we are. Just my opinion.

Plans for today are to pull out my coloring page, read a few more chapters in my book and play a few games on the computer.

Dinner tonight is leftover ziti; haven't decided if I am going to add to it the last pack of meatballs I have.

Today is National Escargot Day. Eew!!! Enough said LOL.

Have a good one.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check-in May 24, 2020

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning Logics!

So glad you had a good conversation with your neighbor. During these times it is exciting to talk to someone new

Our priest told us it was okay not to attend mass. That you can gather together at home. It is there wherever you are and not just in a building.

I was also happy to hear that our congregation has been very generous. I thought they would be hurting financially but appears that they might be even doing better.

You hear too much about the bad things people do and it can overwhelm.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I am up and having my coffee

Slept well last night. Didn't even have to get up to use the bathroom.

I woke up at 515 and decided to stay up. Went to bed about 9 last night.

I am enjoying these new hours. Wonder how long this new phase of my life will last = :mrgreen:

Have a great day all
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good Sunday morning Logics and all,

I agree with you Logics that it would be nice if streaming of church services were more available. Perhaps this crisis will bring about some positive changes.

Yesterday was not my most productive day. The rains Friday night made yesterday so very humid that I just couldn't work outside for long without a long break in front of the fan. It was an energy draining day. But my rain barrels are full and I did get a few things done outside. And I did get a few needed things at the store, so the day wasn't completely wasted. Gas prices are up and there was more traffic.

Today, I hope to do more in the garden. We didn't get any rain yesterday, so hopefully it will be less humid and they predict cloud cover and temperatures just in the upper 80's. That would be nice.

I enjoy the yearly purge of the freezer and canned foods in preparation of hurricane season. It feels like spring cleaning. Or when you open a dusty box in the attic and find forgotten treasures. The white fish, Cajun style, was delicious last night and the package of chicken breasts that was hiding in the freezer will be great tonight as well.

Today, I am grateful that I am an optimist and see each day as a positive opportunity. Have a good day all.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

Logics, that is so nice that you met a new acquaintance who is retired and lives nearby. I hope that you two get together again to chat. I appreciate so much my once-a-week walk and face-to-face chat with my friend because virtual connections get old fast.

I am NOT an early morning person but somehow Pippi’s loud meows have made me change my morning habits somewhat.

I’ll go to mom’s house this morning and do something, probably trimming in the backyard. The porch needs a good sweep, too. Monday is supposed to be 80% rain and Tuesday I have my hair appointment so today is the best day to go over there.

It took me quite awhile to get my financial notebook in order yesterday. Because I’m single I like to have everything in one place. I had not made updates except handwritten scribbles since October. I don’t have Word on my current laptop so I use my old Windows Vista laptop for this information. I finished updating but now have some shredding. I’m all caught up on my other shredding so this won’t take long. So Monday will be the day for the NYT jigsaw puzzle.

That’s it for me.

Have a good day.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

LogicsHere wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 4:45 am Good morning all.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend, or I should say 2 month weekend. Up super early this morning because I couldn't find anything on TV to watch last night so I turned it off around 8:00P and must have been tired because I woke up at 1:30A; went back to sleep and up again at 3:00A.

Today is going to be a bit nicer than it was yesterday, mostly cloudy but no rain. Looks like it could be another day to at least get out for another walk.

My walk yesterday took an unexpected twist. I started to walk up my "block" and saw someone walking down. That person stepped out to make room for me but instead I had made a turn towards the back of my building. We met at the street end and that's where my walk stopped for about 45 minutes. It turned out that she was another single woman, also retired who lives at the other end of the co-op. It was SO refreshing to have someone to talk to even if it was at about 15 feet apart. It felt SO good. When this is over perhaps I can make a new acquaintance a bit more of an acquaintance.

I'm a bit of an "oddball" I suppose when it comes to the church issue. I actually prefer being able to stream the service and participate while home and do so seriously. I wish the church would extend the privilege of doing so to anyone who prefers it. But I can totally understand why they don't. I don't believe it should be a mortal sin because God can hear us from wherever we are. Just my opinion.

Plans for today are to pull out my coloring page, read a few more chapters in my book and play a few games on the computer.

Dinner tonight is leftover ziti; haven't decided if I am going to add to it the last pack of meatballs I have.

Today is National Escargot Day. Eew!!! Enough said LOL.

Have a good one.
The Pope and our archbishop have given dispensation to all who don't attend Mass during this time period, and for however long it lasts. Which could last a very long time.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/