May 28th, 2020 Daily check-in

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: May 28th, 2020 Daily check-in

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

Mackie, you have really been an angel to (at least) two people. Just hearing how HB is getting a better job and is starting to think about transportation and housing makes me feel so good. You and your DH and DS (and pups) are amazing.

I’m home from mom’s house. It is Hot, Hot, Hot. No cloud cover today. I didn’t do a lot but something is better than nothing. I cleaned out two gardens in the back yard and clipped the never ending vine on the top of the fence between mom’s yard and messy back neighbor’s yard. In the front I trimmed the hedges in front of the windows. I put out the big trash can even though it is only half full.

Now I’m done with my shower and will play the rest of the afternoon. I did not start the new jigsaw yesterday so I may do that or read my new book or do some of the online class on textile workers.

This one’s for Aaron and other penny lovers. A few years ago I bought new coin books for pennies, nickels and dimes. My old penny books from my childhood are mostly full (except for the rare coins). So I have all the wheat pennies I’ve collected in recent years, which are now in a box, and I’m going to start putting them in the extra penny books. I never did much with nickels and dimes because by the time I started looking for old ones, they were hard to find.

Have a good day.
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

Good afternoon all,
Today is the last day of our four day triple digit heat wave. Tomorrow will be in the upper 80's. I am pretty sure I am a desert rat because this heat has given me a lot of energy and relieved my painful joints, muscles, allergies, etc. I am able to breathe so well! Even though it makes me hot, sweaty and uncomfortable I need to keep doing needed projects around the house until wintertime comes again. I have three more days than I thought to finish watching Downton Abbey so I can dial back the binging a little.

I went to Grocery Outlet this morning and as usual it did not disappoint. I found lots of vegan items, canned items and a package of toilet paper. It's easy to impulse buy at GO but it's always something that will be very useful around the house that I had not thought of to get until I saw it. Last month it was an adjustable rake (which I absolutely love). This time it was four bubble bottom plastic shower mats which are a must for the bottom of my master shower so no one slips. I spent $117 but my ten dollar off coupon brought the total down to $107. I will be going back to use my $5 off $50 tomorrow and my $3 off $35 on Saturday. There a few more shelf stable items and canned items I can add to the pantry. By shopping this way I can continue keeping things in my pantry stock without other shoppers thinking I am hoarding. Plus they always have plant based foods. I am no longer in a panic about anything. I must remember to pick up some more paper towels. I am not much of a paper towel user but my cats have been leaving yack deposits around the house which are too revolting for me to clean up with usable cloths and rinsing.

Has anyone heard the house has voted to remove country-of-origin labels on meat products sold in the US? OMG buying meats and other foods from places where these deadly viruses originate? No way Jo-se! This strengthens my resolve to eat vegan or at least vegetarian all the time. And I will have to insist DS buy his meat from local sources (which I hope he has knowledge of from working in a grocery store). I am just horrified this type of thing can be allowed to happen at any time let alone in the midst of a pandemic especially when you consider these flu viruses originate from animals.

Well I need to put some things away, do a little housework and start on Season 4 of Downton Abbey. Anyone else watching this? It goes off Prime TV on June 6th.

Bev
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Feeling blah. I did do some of the extra cleaning and made brownie bites. Now, I just want to get supper on the table and soak in a very warm tub.

I know I should do some more baking but perhaps I will feel more like doing so tomorrow. After all youngest DS will be expecting a few treats.

I got the N95 filters I ordered today. Now I know the size of the pockets that need to be made in the masks. Those will be started very soon as well. Too much to do and no energy to really enjoy doing them.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I wish I could be motivated enough to just go crazy cleaning. Just not in me - :mrgreen:

I did do some mopping and dusting. I have open upper cabinets in the kitchen, so dusted in there too.

Went through my makeup and threw out stuff I will never use. :(

A lipstick that i've had for a couple of years and maybe used ten times. Why keep it. And i can't give something like that to someone else. Oh well.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

FloridaCat, I wish everyone could see the worth of Homeless Buddy and Little Single Mom and her children. Helping them is simply what I must do, for we were put on this earth to help one another.

I had a busy day, starting early driving HB to the clinic for his monthly visit and then to the low-income pharmacy. I bought the stuff to make DS's birthday cake (he will be 30 tomorrow) and made the cake, and then was bustling into DH's home office to take him a taste of chocolate frosting when I ran smack into a glass door that is usually not closed. Got a bruised hand, forehead, knee, and brow socket, bent glasses, a puffy nose, and frosting somehow behind my ear. I used an ice bag on the hurt spots, but still look like I lost a brief fist fight!:-D

DH took all of us out for carry out burgers from Sonic after that excitement. We had not had a restaurant meal in so long that it was like going to the Ritz, almost!
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

MackerelCat wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:12 pm FloridaCat, I wish everyone could see the worth of Homeless Buddy and Little Single Mom and her children. Helping them is simply what I must do, for we were put on this earth to help one another.

I had a busy day, starting early driving HB to the clinic for his monthly visit and then to the low-income pharmacy. I bought the stuff to make DS's birthday cake (he will be 30 tomorrow) and made the cake, and then was bustling into DH's home office to take him a taste of chocolate frosting when I ran smack into a glass door that is usually not closed. Got a bruised hand, forehead, knee, and brow socket, bent glasses, a puffy nose, and frosting somehow behind my ear. I used an ice bag on the hurt spots, but still look like I lost a brief fist fight!:-D

DH took all of us out for carry out burgers from Sonic after that excitement. We had not had a restaurant meal in so long that it was like going to the Ritz, almost!
and it is National Burger Day!! Hope you heal right up