Warning: Political

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
BevMoore

Re: Warning: Political

Post by BevMoore »

I have switched this to a different browser to see if that works. If not how do I find a free ad blocker. Can you recommend one? Usually I am not bothered by the ads but this new one is making the site unusable to me because it keeps covering my screen.
Bev

BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

I could not get rid of the ad on Chrome either. I am going to have to close my account on this forum until the problem is resolved. I love this forum but cannot tolerate that popup ad.

Bev

LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

BevMoore wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:39 pm
I could not get rid of the ad on Chrome either. I am going to have to close my account on this forum until the problem is resolved. I love this forum but cannot tolerate that popup ad.

Bev
When I got my new computer I had my tech put on an ad blocker, Adblock Plus. If I recall it is a free add on extension. You can make adjustments to it but I'm still not sure how to do that, but it takes care of the ads. But put it on a browser that you don't use super often because some sites will not allow you to get in if you use it. I keep it on two of my 3 browsers. I leave the third for the sites that won't allow you in if you have an ad blocker on. I didn't add it to my computer for the forum, I actually had it installed because of stories on AOL that I wanted to read that give you 1 picture and 2 lines of text and then you have to click to the next page so another 10 ads can pop up.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

LogicsHere wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:50 pm
When I got my new computer I had my tech put on an ad blocker, Adblock Plus. If I recall it is a free add on extension. You can make adjustments to it but I'm still not sure how to do that, but it takes care of the ads. But put it on a browser that you don't use super often because some sites will not allow you to get in if you use it. I keep it on two of my 3 browsers. I leave the third for the sites that won't allow you in if you have an ad blocker on. I didn't add it to my computer for the forum, I actually had it installed because of stories on AOL that I wanted to read that give you 1 picture and 2 lines of text and then you have to click to the next page so another 10 ads can pop up.
I only have it on my main browser and turn it off and on in the browser extensions.

Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

BevMoore wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:54 am
The problem is the ad keeps coming up repeatedly to the oint where its impossible to read a post. I keep clicking the x then it shows up again. I really need to get rid of this or I can't participate in the forum.

Bev
I've been getting one of those lately too. The one I have is a purple band across the screen bottom. I hit the X and it pops back up in like 1 minute. When a PITA. I understand your frustrations!

MJ
"When they show you who they are, believe them." Maya Angelou

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

The Fly and pink eye! :mrgreen: